Model A Ford price trends 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model A Ford price trends 2018

I came across this, kind of interesting.

Looks like the '30-'31's are doing OK over all especially the '31's. Better than your money sitting in a regular savings account in the bank. Not so much the '28-'29's.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-...-Model-A-d1564

That disparity between the 28-29 to the 30-31 just does not seem right. For the average A those numbers seem inflated a tad..
    2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      They also don't know their Fords from "other" cars!

I wonder where they are getting their sales price numbers. I understand that is supposed to be an average, but it seem quite high compared to what I see in various publications and online sites.

Comment

I hope the tax assessors are not seeing that unrealistic pricing.
      Bill
      http://www.brauchauto.com/
      Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Bill: Anything in CT that has Early American plates is assessed at 500$.
        Paul

Comment

• 2manycars
          2manycars commented
          Editing a comment
          I know that Paul. I was thinking of people in Taxachusits and similar states.

I wonder if it the relatively large number of 400As and Phaetons for 1931 that are running 40K-50K+ that are now for sale. Those prices listed seem to be what I am seeing in Hemmings but in MARC/MAFCA for sale sections, I am not seeing those numbers. I guess those numbers are good for people that own them but it makes it hard for others to purchase one - do I want a 50K Phaeton that is almost 90 years old, mostly stock, or do I want a restomod 1967 Mustang or Camero? One of the reasons I purchased my 31 S/W was that it was not 30K+, unique, less wood and easy to work on.

Comment

CarGurus tracks the prices of millions of used car listings every year. Find out if Ford Model A prices are going up or down and how they have changed over time.

This is rather misleading as it does not use the actual sale prices to determine trends. I suspect that the majority of A sales are private party deals. How many of you would volunteer what you were paid for a Model A you sold? I thought so.

Comment

It's a little like going on E-Bay to see what everyone is asking for their Model A's. The Buy it now, or even the asking price can be what ever the owner thinks his car is worth. The real test is to go to "Completed Listings"
            and see what sold, and for how much. I also like loging on the Mecum Auctions site - do a search on past auctions for a particular year, and you can see what they bring. I also check with my local folks and find they buy a lot of bargains - some that need work - but most are more in the $5000 and up range.

Comment

Although it seems like GOOD Model A Fords have been bringing good money at the Mecum sales. And, especially the '30-'31's for some reason. Concerning the Roadsters from that time slot, I have been told they cost more to restore than a '28-'29 Roadster so maybe that has something to do with it too. Often more than what I would want to pay but there is still an interest in the cars from somebody.

The recent sale up in Schaumberg (near Chicago) had a fairly good number of A's for sale.

Comment

There were less 31's made and all things be equal those rare A400 etc likely made the 31's pricey​​​​​​.

Comment

Bring a Trailer publishes "sold for" prices. One problem with the statistics, in my view, is that the hot rodded cars are reported in the same group as historically accurate cars. They should have a separate category for chopped cars. Maybe we could call it the Butchered Shop.

https://bringatrailer.com/search/ford+model+a/

Comment

Here’s another source of prices:

http://www.modelahouse.com/cgi-bin/prices

It’s funny though; I’ve had my Tudor listed at what seems to be a good (and average) price for many months and I’m not even getting nibbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael M View Post
                      Here’s another source of prices:

http://www.modelahouse.com/cgi-bin/prices
                      Cool site. Sorry to hear your Tudor isn't moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael M View Post
                        ...I’ve had my Tudor listed at what seems to be a good (and average) price for many months and I’m not even getting nibbles.
                        I listed my old man's 1930 fordor blindback on CL that is absolutely ready to drive anywhere (it had just made the trip to Reno and back at time of listing), and no nibbles at all on it. Figured we would wait until spring and try again.

Comment

• Mitch
                          Mitch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Try posting it here in the classifieds with pictures

I've sold a few A's that I owned,but a lot of them for other people.Craigslist is probably the least successful place I have found.Lots of car guys on there,but more of the,I want to buy it for a hot rod types.I really don't like selling long distance.I want people to look,put their hands on it,they can walk away with nothing but a little ride wasted.I've really had the best luck with Hemmings,and putting the car on the side of the road.28-29 Tudors take a long time to sell.For some reason the 30-31 cars seem to move faster,I know I like them a little better.

Comment

Ive sold a few A s over the last few years and tudors are the hardest to get any money for. They made a heck of a lot of them for starters.
                          rodders tend to prefer the 30-31 cars and why I believe those years are pulling much stronger. Also, the 28-29 cars look more antiquated, which I like, but dont seem to be in the majority.

Comment