Quick, Easy, and Cheap Car Cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick, Easy, and Cheap Car Cover

I bought some $55 car covers for my Model A's and Studebakers, but they are shot after a year or two in the weather. This plastic cover is handy to take along for car shows and overnight trips, where you might get caught in the rain. I bought a 100' roll of 6 mil clear plastic, then cut the length needed for the car, and use magnets to hold it in place. Harbor Freight had the bar magnets on sale, 2 for $1, so I bought 20 of them. This may blow off in a strong wind, but should work well most of the time. For modern cars it will keep the ice off the doors and glass during the winter.

Car Cover Clear.JPG

Good idea Tom

Here is what I use for temp emergency situations

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...2544#post42544

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...2457#post42457
    2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I'm on board! Thanks for the ideas. I have to park the challenger outside and it takes a beating over the winter.

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        These are only for a quick one time use and will rip easily. Purchase a CCC (california car cover) for the best protection

Also use quilts or moving blankets under plastic for long term storage. I found out the hard way back in 1970 what happens when you store a Studebaker with plastic tight to the body. After 6 months, I came home on leave and found a lot of paint bubbles on the roof of the car.

Comment