it is with Great Sadness that I share

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it is with Great Sadness that I share

It is with Great Sadness that I share with you the passing of Tim Kelly (63) early this morning. Tim was a early Ford Enthusiast, Model A Ford Collector, Rolls Royce collector and major contributor to MAFFI & the Museum as well as the Ford Piquette Plant. He was a member for all the National Model A Clubs as well as AACA & the Rolls Royce Club. We all had the privilege of seeing Tims collection of RARE Town cars this year in Gilmore & for that we are greatful. Our sincerest condolences to Joan, Jeff & Greg and the entire Kelly Family. May your spirit be the guiding light that gives them peace.

I’m sorry to hear of Tim’s passing. I saw him a few times at some local meets over the years. A real nice stand up guy. He was just at Hershey this year and I looked for him but he must have strayed off somewhere. He had an extraordinary collection of Model A’s and made a huge impact in furthering our hobby. Thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family from the VFF. Tim will surely be missed by us all.
    2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

My sincere condolences.

Comment

Tim sold me three shades for my Victoria. He had them from when the Victoria Association made the correct diamond pattern. I was very fortunate to get them and he was very nice to deal with. My sympathy goes out to his family and loved ones
        Last edited by Art Ebeling; 11-05-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

My condolences go to the family.

Comment

WOW, What a shock! ! !
            Paul in CT

Comment

I am also in shock on hearing this sad news. We've lost far too many at far too young an age. I'd see Tim at the New London to New Brighton runs each year in Minnesota. Tim often displayed his rare Ford Model K, and that was a huge car. Tim will sure be missed. Condolences to Tim's family.

Comment

My brother just called with this news. We both knew Tim and respected him. He was a regular guy, who would talk to anybody about model A Fords, even though he was very wealthy. He never talked down to anybody. He will be sadly missed. I am shocked.
                Bill
                http://www.brauchauto.com/
                Eastern Connecticut

Comment

63 is just too damn young to die...……...
                  "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

• 2manycars
                    2manycars commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. My father was an enthusiastic model A ford fan, and restorer, and he died at 64. I always feel bad when someone dies without living a full life.

Did not have the pleasure of knowing the man but gone way too soon, condolences to his family.

Comment

Was it a heart attack or something sudden?? Did he have cancer and knew he was dying? I didn't know the guy personally only knew of him, but he was sure highly spoken of.

Lots of early 60's folks in our local obituaries lately, and even a lot of them many years younger.

You never know when your time is up.

Comment

He had pancreatic cancer.

Comment

• 2manycars
                        2manycars commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The survival rate for that is about zero.

• Jeff/Illinois
                        Jeff/Illinois commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They say that once you are diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer it is too late..............

• BNCHIEF
                        BNCHIEF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mark thanks for letting us know it is a shame to lose such a fine person like this man, cars aside he obviously enjoyed life and his hobbies and family.

God Bless Tim and his loved ones at this difficult time.

Comment

My condolences to all of Tim's family.

I met Tim only once at a New England Meet several years ago. He had brought one of his Town Delivery, the blue one with the G.E. logo on. He spoke to me maybe 20 minutes about the Delivery of which I knew nothing about but most interested. He spoke to me like I had known him for a long time. I will always remember that discussion.

May he Rest In Peace

Joe Grobleski

Comment

I was at that meet, and marveled at the detail of that delivery. He was very pleased with it, and chatted with everyone who had any interest in it. I am still upset that he is gone.
                          Bill
                          http://www.brauchauto.com/
                          Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Mitch
                            Mitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            He had that GE delivery and his white tow truck at the Renningers meet in Lancaster Pa. At Hellertown Pa, I saw the towncar

His whole A collection was extraordinary. Like Bill said he was a really nice guy