X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauford
    started a topic PSA

PSA

I just got back from a event in my town called "Train Day". They wanted mine and a few other A's from the club to be there on display. Well I turned my back for a second and there are three kids in my truck cab twisting knobs and stuff with the parent watching them...I go over and the parent says is this yours? I said yes. He said nice truck. I said I would like to keep it that way and for him to get his kids out. This continued through out the day. It came down to the last guy telling me that if I didn't want kids in my truck I shouldn't have it on display. I told him if his kids didn't get out that I would embarrass him in front of his children by knocking him the F out. On a lighter note, the parents who told their kids not to touch I let sit in the truck to get pictures. These children and parents mostly recognize the effort you have done and respect the vehicle. These parents where mostly country folk who have manners and respect. As for these other millennials with kids my PSA to you is stay the hell away from the cars. Ask if little Billy can turn your horn rod 360 degrees. Brother Mitch warned me of these events and for now on only parades, old folk homes and driving for me....sorry to rant but what has gone wrong with the youth of today.....

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
    replied
    Signs throughout many stores that say "If you break it, you buy it". Straight FWD common sense warning.

Leave a comment:

• BNCHIEF
    commented on 's reply
    I have been tempted.

• Mitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Beauford View Post
    Finger prints are no biggie but when you have 3 kids going ape in your truck pulling, pushing and turning things hard. Uninvited and parents think it is normal and let their kids do it, we have a problem. That is like me without knowing you and climbing in your F150 at the mall going through your glove box, beeping the horn....who would do that and to a vintage car?????

Now if you would have followed some of these people back to the parking lot and kicked in their doors do you think they would care

Leave a comment:

• Beauford
    commented on 's reply
    Finger prints are no biggie but when you have 3 kids going ape in your truck pulling, pushing and turning things hard. Uninvited and parents think it is normal and let their kids do it, we have a problem. That is like me without knowing you and climbing in your F150 at the mall going through your glove box, beeping the horn....who would do that and to a vintage car?????

• Chuck Sea/Tac
    replied
    I have just the opposite experience. Twenty seven or so years ago, I took my 3 boys ages 3 (twins) and 4 to the mall in federal way. I didn’t know it, but they had car club doing an inside car show. It was Sunday late afternoon and the show was closing up. I walked over by one of the cars and while I was occupied with two of my boys, the third one walked over a few feet and touched the car. I heard him start crying and turned around to see this asshole slapping my 3 year olds hands. He got the heck out while I was getting security. Several people who saw it happen said I should have decked him. I understand that they were never invited back.
    I heard 8 years later when I bought my A and joined a club, that those mall shows were famous for out of control kids. So looking back, I assume that fellow had probably been fighting off kids through out the day.

Leave a comment:

• Beauford
    replied
    My sign is going to say " If you go inside I am going to ring YOUR bell" BAhahahahahaha!!

Leave a comment:

• leo
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for your kind words........

• pooch
    replied
    I know how much time and effort some guys put into their cars just to have jerks and jerk's kids and jerk's dogs potentially damage and certainly disrespect another's property.

But it does say something to just have a driver or unrestored that one does not have to watch without blinking every time they go out.

When I first built my slide on/A pickup, I let kids in to have a look, well too many ran rampant inside, so I stopped that.

Then I saw kids who genuinely wanted a look, so now I have a chain across the rear porch and a hanging bell.

A sign, says, if you want a look inside, ring bell.

Have had no trouble since.

It is a 2 way street, because the owner and the public both get a kick out of genuine interest of this hobby.

Don't let a few morons ruin your own joy of the day out.

Devise a plan or it will eat at you bit by bit, until you will stop going on events, and then the jerks will have won.

Leave a comment:

• tbirdtbird
    replied
    "I have seriously blundered by posting something which has offend some friends."
    Leo, don't worry about it, please

Leave a comment:

• leo
    replied
    A thousand pardons Afendi. This is a site where Model A Ford hobbyists gather to exchange thoughts and ideas about their passion. I have seriously blundered by posting something which has offend some friends. I'm certain we all have our own determinations about why things happen good and bad but this forum is not the place to air those opinions.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Wesenberg
    commented on 's reply
    For sure. Parents back then were allowed to teach their kids right from wrong, and correct them when they did wrong. Times certainly have changed, and not necessarily for the better.

• George Miller
    replied
    But it is more accepted today than it was back in the 40ts and 50ts when I grew up. Back then if you did some thing wrong, your parents knew about it before you got home.

Leave a comment:

• Apple Green Wheels Rule
    replied
    Originally posted by leo View Post
    I'm almost ** years old and I believe that poor parenting and disrespect for other peoples property had it's start back in the 60's when the youth of America threw out many of mores of our society in favor of "if it feels good, do it" and also the scourge of drug use became "acceptable". Those 60's folks now are grandparents and probably did not set a very good example for their own children to follow, much less their grandchildren. So here we are today.....
    Please don't make blanket statements, it would be like I saying, people of a certain ** age are feckin idiots, just because one from that ** age is an idiot!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 2manycars
    commented on 's reply
    That is a bad job of finger pointing. I was raised in the 50's and 60's and was taught respect, and taught my kids respect. Respect for themselves and for others, and for the possesions of others. Dont blindly make statements about a whole generation because of a few coddled jerks.

• JDupuis
    commented on 's reply
    I knew what it meant
    It the same as "AWMS". Attention Wal Mart Shoppers! Lol

• Mitch
    replied
    For those that don't know what PSA stands for "Public Service Announcement". Someone asked me on a PM and I didn't know so I asked Beauford.

I'll take the beating

Leave a comment:

• leo
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe, but I think that most folks would say that the acceptance of less than courteous behavior and the tolerance of coarse behavior has become much more the norm than it was say a generation ago....

• Tom Wesenberg
    replied
    I feel the same as Leo. In the 50's and 60's there was a lot more respect for elders, manners, and much better driving habits. Since the late 60's I've seen a steady decline in all I just mentioned. Bad manners is bad enough, but bad driving kills people. Just in the past 3 days, 3 school kids were killed by a stupid driver, then yesterday 3 girl scouts and an adult were killed by another stupid driver. Things need to be turned around, starting with arresting speeders and tailgaters.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch
    replied
    Originally posted by leo View Post
    I'm almost ** years old and I believe that poor parenting and disrespect for other peoples property had it's start back in the 60's when the youth of America threw out many of mores of our society in favor of "if it feels good, do it" and also the scourge of drug use became "acceptable". Those 60's folks now are grandparents and probably did not set a very good example for their own children to follow, much less their grandchildren. So here we are today.....
    Leo
    IMO this does not stem from any one particular era. It's been going on in one form or another since the evolution of man.

Leave a comment:

• DaWizard
    commented on 's reply
    I too am a child of the 50s and 60s and I was taught respect of others and their things. The worst part of my discipline was going into the backyard and picking my own limb from a very healthy peach tree. No matter the branch, that whipping hurt like hell!!

Leo, I would also like to tell you that I still believe "if it feels good and you like it, do it!" The drugs I took during my youth have not affected me in the least, they have actually given me a clearer view of the world around me!.

• Fordfordora
    commented on 's reply
    I was a child of the sixties and was not brought up like that. I never got a "time out " for doing something wrong. I was made to put my head on the floor with my butt up in the air. After a short time I got a crack on the butt. The anticipation of that was worse than the spanking. Manners and respect were and are a result of discipline. There are now to many people out there who like to be the watchdogs of how you discipline your kids.

• leo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tbirdtbird
    replied
    I was asked to bring my DeLuxe Touring to a HS prom event in a reasonably well-off community. I turned my back only to find the principal of the school climbing in the car. I promptly ripped him a new one. The look was priceless, as a principal I seriously doubt he ever expected to be spoken to like that, especially in front of a bunch of ppl. My nephew was standing behind me and was ready to kill the guy. The guy got what he deserved.
    That ended my special local events

Leave a comment:

• jordanka16
    commented on 's reply
    Oh man I can hear that sound in my head, it gave me goosebumps