Birthday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday

On this day, 40 years ago, my youngest son was born. 2 days later I brought him home in this car, which I still have.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing Bill.

Comment

I second what Jeff said. Always good to hear stories like yours.

Comment

You have so many memories through your cars. Somehow you managed to keep many of them, or acquire them back like the 40. Were seat belts a concern 40 years ago?
        2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

No seatbelts. Still dont have them. The x wife held the kid in her lap on the 30 mile ride home from hospital. Today I would be in jail for that, but somehow we survived.
          Bill
          Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Jeff/Illinois
            Jeff/Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            Our oldest was born in 1977. The hospital put the baby in a cardboard box with handles, the kind you get oranges in. I'm not fooling.

She rode home on the front floor of our '72 Gran Torino Sport between my wife's feet!! All was well no problems nobody thought twice about it.

• 2manycars
            2manycars commented
            Editing a comment
            I think people are very over the top on caution these days. I never had a bike helmet. I rode in the front seat of my mother' car, standing up on the seat. We play cops a robbers with cap guns, we rode bicycles 20 or more miles a day, my boy scout troop had each boy carry a 6 inch sheath knife on his belt, we had guns on the farm to shoot woodchucks, (I stll have my octogon barrel Savage), we took our cars to the drag strip and raced them without seat belts, I walked half a mile on the state highway to my school bus stop, and somehow we survived. Look at what we have today.

That's very cool.

Comment

• DaWizard
            DaWizard commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey TerryG, WELCOME to the VFF!!

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome Terry!!!!

Bill,few can make those claims.You are one of the few.Love the pics.Thanks for posting

Comment

For those who do not look at the V8 forum, or have not seen my web site, there are photos of my 40 ford, which I just bought back from the guy I sold it to 43 years ago. I sold it to pay the hospital bill for my older son being born. He died 2 year ago. My daughter came home from the hospital in the 40 ford when born, which was the only car I had at the time. She is 45 years old now.
            Bill
            Eastern Connecticut

Comment

That was great that you were able to locate and buy back your first car, the 1940 Ford.
            It's really nice that the other guy restored it back to factory condition also. I like your choice for the license plate.

Comment

• 2manycars
              2manycars commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Tom.