Not Pleased w/ Grundy Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Pleased w/ Grundy Insurance

I had two antique cars covered by Grundy for several years. I no longer needed the coverage so I wrote to them last August and canceled my policy.

Several weeks went by and I never heard anything back nor saw a refund check. I called them and they said 'We rec'd your cancellation notice August 20th. It was processed on September 17th(??) It may take up to 30 days for you to get it. If you don't get your refund check by October 17th, give us a call.'

What the ???????

Still no check. It is for $600.

SO when these people send you a premium notice, don't pay it. When they call you and say 'You're premium was due Sept. 1st and we never got your check' tell them 'I got your billing August 1st. It wasn't processed until Sept. 17th. It may take 30 days for you to receive it. If you don't get my check by October 17th, give me a call.'

Should work both ways, correct??

Moral of the story: I went with Hagerty and I'm never lookin' back. I don't know why I had those two cars on Grundy I have Hagerty for everything else. It was one of those out of sight out of mind deals I never gave it much thought.

So, stay away from Grundy take my advice.

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into Hagerty

Comment

I need to get insurance on my AA and will be getting in touch with Hagerty also. Thanks for the info, Pat

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Pat Red Green does insurance in your neck of the woods.

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a case of his duct tape already !! Chief, If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. Good day !!

I have raved many times on here about Hagerty and why I think they are superior

Comment

I have had Grundy for the last 13 years. My friend had a total loss which had an agreed value of 35K. He paid 12K for the car as it was a driver. They did settle the claim promptly with no issues, so that's one reason why I stayed with them. Jeff what you experienced is unacceptable, but don't be late with ANY insurance payment or they can wiggle out of a claim.

Price isn't everything but I did do a comparison last night after this thread started. Hagerty would actually be higher if you compare apples with apples. The main difference is Grundy offers 250 miles free towing where Hagerty is 15 miles or 50.00 dollars which ever comes first. Usually hook up is 45.00 so maybe it can be towed for one free mile. To upgrade that they want 60.00 for 60 miles, so I'm not even sure if you can get up to 250 miles with them

Thanks for bringing this to our attention
        2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Jeff/Illinois
          Jeff/Illinois commented
          Editing a comment
          Mitch that IS something to consider, thanks. The towing can add up pretty fast and it looks like Grundy has 'em skinned on that aspect of the coverage. I didn't think to look at that thanks for that information.

There must be some hang up on the refund I'm sure I'll get it.

Good to hear that your friend had a good experience.
          Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 10-12-2018, 03:28 PM.

• 2manycars
          2manycars commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been driving antique cars since 1962 and have NEVER called a tow truck, or needed one. I like Hagerty.

• Jeff/Illinois
          Jeff/Illinois commented
          Editing a comment
          2many cars, I have to admit in thinking about the towing service I too have never had to use it and I've been into antique cars actively since 1971.

The farthest I ever venture is probably Geneseo, Illinois and that's about 45 miles from my house so the 50 mile limit covers me anyway.

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s really not about needing it, but more about policy costs vs available benefits.
          For me to get 250 miles from Hagerty it would put the policy hundreds over what I am paying now. As mentioned above it’s included in my current Grundy plan at no charge.
          I’m looking for a reason to switch but have not found it yet.

• cpf240
          cpf240 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe get AAA to cover towing?

I have Hagerty for the A and the Corvette
        Nick

1930 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe
        2002 Corvette C5
        2012 Mini Cooper Clubman S
        2008 HHR
        2006 Hummer H2

Comment

I switched to Hagerty because they would insure my hot rod and my antique motorcycles, all on the same policy. I have had only great service with them for 30 years.
          Bill
          http://www.brauchauto.com/

Comment

I have never had any issues with Hagerty (no claims either) and have been a customer for over 30 years, they have been great with refunds and fast response when adding or removing a car.

Comment

I just had a fair settlement with Hagerty for my flooded model A. They were over whelmed with flood claims so it took a little longer. I have the insurance through my nationwide car insurance.

Comment

• Bobm90
                Bobm90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to hear about the flood problem, I hope some of the car is restorable and not totaled, I would hate to see another A bite the dust.

• BNCHIEF
                BNCHIEF commented
                Editing a comment
                Sure hope your car is fixable also hope you guys are fine.

• pAAt
                pAAt commented
                Editing a comment
                I bet all the electronics are pooched. Bob will get it going and be to Brent's, this spring, with it !!

• Tom Wesenberg
                Tom Wesenberg commented
                Editing a comment
                This is where 4 of those 6 ton jack stands can really come in handy. They can often make the difference between a saved car and a flood damaged car. Well worth the cost of less than $100 for 4 of them.

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                I think Bob said he lifted the car a foot or so off the ground before the storm hit

The massive floods and hurricanes and all probably have them all 'backed up' is why my deal is coming in pretty slow.

Thanks for the updates and let us know how that flooded Model A makes out I'd like to hear about it and see pictures. Before and after and during.

Comment

For me, if there are extenuating circumstances, which certainly does happen, I prefer that the vendor/business just be up front with me and not lead me on.
                "We are sorry, but we are on overload because of the hurricane, but we have not forgotten about you"
                A statement similar to that goes a loooong way!

Comment

tbirdtbird at least they sent me a photograph today, of some other guys waiting for their refund. Makes me feel a bit better at least they didn't completely forget me!

Comment

• Mitch
                    Mitch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We’re they Model A owners

• Jeff/Illinois
                    Jeff/Illinois commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah they were, make no bones about it, AND they were all running whitewalls maybe that is the determining factor here................

• tbirdtbird
                    tbirdtbird commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can't stop laughing......

• DaWizard
                    DaWizard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey, I know that guy on the upper left! He was a "T" owner with whitewalls!!

• Bobm90
                    Bobm90 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is Mac's new warehouse for yet another catalog they are gonna put out, " Cadaver bones for economy surgery" , I am having them send me a current catalog, I think this is where my surgeon got the last 5 bones he used in my neck !