Perch bushings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perch bushings?

Are the spring shackel bushings and perch bushings the same size? Bratton's catalog indicates they are. I want to pulls the perches and have an extra set of steel shackel bushings. Can I use them for the perches?
    http://www.turnbophotography.com

Yes all 4 are the same
    Front and rear are different
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

No matter. I got the axel out to pull the perches and the axel is clearly bent at the left perch. Wish I had done this BEFORE I went up to Hershey. Too late to go back. My wife is going in for surgery tomorrow morning. Guess I'll just have to start looking,

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope all goes well tomorrow. Yea I passed by a ton of good front axles yesterday

Speaking of tons. I've got a 12 ton press coming Monday. Think I can straighten the axel?

Comment

I'm thinking maybe 20 ton but more likely 40 ton. I have not done it, but have straightened a 2" x 4" steel bar and that almost broke the balls off a 20-ton

Comment

Ken has front axles that he straightened. Ken sold some at his swap meet a couple years ago.
        When I was at his shop a few years ago, we straightened an axle, and it wasn't hard to do.

Comment

There are companies out there that can do that correctly they are mostly class 8 frame and axle shops.

Comment

Kevin in NJ or his brother Kurt has a set of 4 rods, which are used to check the axle alignment.
            Ken also has a set, and that's another tool I want to make, but still haven't got it done.

Comment

20181012_093114.jpg
              http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

I've made some calls and am not confident in the answers/questions I'm getting. One shop said I need to put the axle back together with wheels on it before they can straighten it. Another said the bend may have been put in it for alignment!

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You need someone that speaks Model A's or you'll get screwed

• Mickey
                  Mickey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Any local recommendations? I have a couple of prospects on axles but haven't heard back yet.
                  Last edited by Mickey; 10-12-2018, 11:11 AM.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fordfordora
                front spring shackle
                by Fordfordora
                Today I pulled the front spring out of my "A" . The shackles were a rod threaded at both ends,, a rubber bushing,and the front and back plates. The rubber bushings were two piece One slid...
                10-05-2018, 09:13 PM
              • dmdeaton
                Rear Spring Shackle Question
                by dmdeaton
                Ok, started putting my frame back together. New rear leaf spring has bronze or brass bushings, perches on diff have steel sleeves. I had planned on using a nice set of welded aftermarket shackles with...
                04-16-2018, 10:03 PM
              • dmdeaton
                School me about spring shackles
                by dmdeaton
                Some new springs have brass bushing installed in eyes.
                Some have none
                Stock shackles have steel bushing only?
                Poly bushings on aftermarket shackles?
                Other than points, which is...
                03-08-2018, 08:26 PM
              • Ayyy
                Model A Spring Shackle (Hanger) Bushing Drive Tool Recommendation?
                by Ayyy
                I'll be replacing the rear spring hangers and bushings soon. I would like to get a driver tool to get the bushings in and out. I see that Brattons and Snyders carry them, but there's no info, so I assume...
                06-05-2018, 12:02 AM
              • dmdeaton
                Front Wishbone
                by dmdeaton
                I haven't taken my front wishbone loose from my axle yet, but have both extras laying loose. My question is about the assembly of these. The spring perch with its taper goes through the wishbone yoke...
                02-22-2018, 08:22 PM
              • Bobm90
                Front Spring Perches
                by Bobm90
                While I was lerking around under the front end of my car the other day I noticed a extreem difference in the amount of threads that protroued from my front spring perches where they are connected to the...
                09-20-2018, 09:51 AM
              • carolinamudwalker
                Front end
                by carolinamudwalker
                I installed the bronze impregnated seats instead of the white Teflon. I just want to report that after 11000 miles there is no wear. I Tore the front end back down to replace king pin bushings. Yes...
                07-13-2018, 09:12 AM
              • Bobm90
                Removal of front spring perch
                by Bobm90
                Yesterday I finally got the mangled (by previous owner) right front spring shackle off of my 30 sedan. After about 20 hours of trying everything I could think of it gave up and I won ! There even may...
                10-07-2018, 09:41 AM
              • Dennis
                King Pins and Bushings
                by Dennis
                In the next couple days I'm going to be fitting my king pins to new bushings. I'm not sure what the clearance should be. Anybody have an idea what the specs are on that? Here's another question. I noticed...
                06-24-2017, 01:52 AM
              • davew
                Shackle hole
                by davew
                I have to replace a shackle on the front. I saw a video where they said to drill the hole in the shackle bolt all the way through. The shackle I have the hole only goes part way in. Will this weaken the...
                12-30-2017, 11:23 AM
              Working...
              X