Perch bushings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perch bushings?

Are the spring shackel bushings and perch bushings the same size? Bratton's catalog indicates they are. I want to pulls the perches and have an extra set of steel shackel bushings. Can I use them for the perches?

Yes all 4 are the same
    Front and rear are different
    2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

No matter. I got the axel out to pull the perches and the axel is clearly bent at the left perch. Wish I had done this BEFORE I went up to Hershey. Too late to go back. My wife is going in for surgery tomorrow morning. Guess I'll just have to start looking,

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope all goes well tomorrow. Yea I passed by a ton of good front axles yesterday

Speaking of tons. I've got a 12 ton press coming Monday. Think I can straighten the axel?

Comment

I'm thinking maybe 20 ton but more likely 40 ton. I have not done it, but have straightened a 2" x 4" steel bar and that almost broke the balls off a 20-ton

Comment

Ken has front axles that he straightened. Ken sold some at his swap meet a couple years ago.
        When I was at his shop a few years ago, we straightened an axle, and it wasn't hard to do.

Comment

There are companies out there that can do that correctly they are mostly class 8 frame and axle shops.

Comment

Kevin in NJ or his brother Kurt has a set of 4 rods, which are used to check the axle alignment.
            Ken also has a set, and that's another tool I want to make, but still haven't got it done.

Comment

20181012_093114.jpg
              jmodela.coffeecup

Comment

I've made some calls and am not confident in the answers/questions I'm getting. One shop said I need to put the axle back together with wheels on it before they can straighten it. Another said the bend may have been put in it for alignment!

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You need someone that speaks Model A's or you'll get screwed

• Mickey
                  Mickey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Any local recommendations? I have a couple of prospects on axles but haven't heard back yet.
                  Last edited by Mickey; 10-12-2018, 11:11 AM.