Gilmore Model A Day 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilmore Model A Day 2018

I took some pictures today, many of a 1930 Town Sedan (go figure right?). Thought I'd share a link with you all.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/nqg3cvFiRpDkQNe19
    Dan Reynolds

Hope you had a great day Dan.
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

• KB9JLO
      KB9JLO commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't go till the afternoon, almost missed it! Was goofing around with the family in the morning. My youngest daughter and her husband live in Kalamazoo. I still got to see a bunch of Model A's!

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice pics thanks

That looks awesome! Fantastic pictures. On a related note, I need a cuphholder, lol.

Comment

• KB9JLO
      KB9JLO commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. But I need a floor too - LOL!

You did
    a awesome job on the pictures...very enjoyable!

Comment

I see we have highly modified engines on display in the Model A museum.
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• KB9JLO
        KB9JLO commented
        Editing a comment
        Only two!

Nice photos . I was set up at the swap meet and was so busy that I didn't have time to take any photos . Thanks to all who visited my booth set up . The swap meet area was the largest since the start of Model A Day !! I want to thank Mark Maron and Ken Ehrenhofer and all the others that do such a fine job organizing this event . There was a large quantity of very good quality parts plus some NOS items . Even my wife enjoys this event and the Museum . Norm

Comment

• KB9JLO
        KB9JLO commented
        Editing a comment
        The swap area was shut down by the time I got through with the A's. It all wrapped up way before 5PM.

Great Pictures, thanks for sharing. You have the start of what could be for you a large photo research album. I created a folder on my desk top where I put pictures of correctly restored Model A's , sub folders include different areas of interest such as, roof, wood, fender etc. I also get photos off this site by doing "save as" this has given me photos of wood, electrical, etc. I use this as reference to see how a area of my sedan should look or to answer a question as to what's under there? You have already started this with your complete photos of those 4 doors, engines and frames. Included in my folder are also PDF files gathered from here and there and documents I have copied and pasted, it's a job to categorize this info but sometimes proves worth it have, Molly will be proud of you!
      “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” (Will Rogers).

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Good thoughts Bob
        The fine point photos here are a help to. I would like to get more of those

• KB9JLO
        KB9JLO commented
        Editing a comment
        I've already started that. I should back them up at home but right now I put all my photos in Google Photos and I create albums there to share & sort. I use Microsoft OneNote to capture articles, PDF's and bookmarks from the Internet into a "folder" on the Internet. I do use OneNote on my home & work PC's (I'm an IT guy by trade) so I back them up in both locations.
        I created albums in Google Photos for all my hobbies, family things, etc. and then I can get to the photos from anywhere. Literally anywhere if I have my phone or a tablet with me. I also use Google Documents to store a lot of my information into. (That isn't captured any other way). Since I'm a geek it was just natural to use these tools.
        I'm continually surprised that more Model A stuff isn't freely available electronically. I think that's a shame really. When I think about my gun hobbies or ham radio for example - I can get nearly any information I need electronically and almost always for free - not stealing it I mean - free.
        If I get a chance I'm going to get all the wood drawn up and on the web in some form. I don't see that this information should be held for ransom. It's going to be one of my goals to try to make that happen. Give the information to MAFCA and MARC at the least. For goodness sakes - the cars are 90 years old doesn't that make it public domain enough?
        (Sorry I'll jump off my soap box now).

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Dan, you should do those in CAD so they can be used with a plotter or laser cutter type of machine.

• KB9JLO
        KB9JLO commented
        Editing a comment
        DaWizard, I will. Probably Autocad. I want to be able to output the geometry to a CNC router (yep, I built a small one). But also wouldn't it be nice if some of these parts we could print on a 3D printer? Maybe not for actual use but you could use it for mock up or other purposes. Just my opinion...

Great photos. One I didn't see was the collection of Model A tools donated by Don Turley. He supposed has one of every tool that was ever included in a Model A tool kit. A wonderful addition to an outstanding museum.

Comment

Here is a picture of Don Turley's tool collection and the cabinet which he also donated to the Museum!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Dan there are some wood photos on here, really good to have, I used them to find a place to mount bud vases in my car, easier than ripping down the trim, LOL.
        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” (Will Rogers).

Comment

What is the carb and the gray thing attached to the carb?
          Attached Files

Comment

• DaWizard
            DaWizard commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like a governor to me.

• Tom Wesenberg
            Tom Wesenberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it's a governor and a pipe which would connect to an air filter.
            You can also see the small diameter pipe on the front of the carb, which is the balance tube for the float chamber.
            This is a farm engine used on the Gleaner combine.

• KB9JLO
            KB9JLO commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, you guys are correct. You can just make out the Gleaner emblem on the sign. I just shot a bunch of pictures. I want to go back and see the rest of the museum sometime. Fortunately my daughter lives in Kalamazoo so that will definitely happen.