Door Latch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Latch

For some reson my pass door on my 29 RPU wont stay shut. It always needed a slam but now that doesnt even work. Latches and mechanisms are all new. Spring on latch is strong. I know the door is a little off but didn't know if something was easier than shimming.

On my 30 there is a striker plate the latch locks into that is adjustable, not sure if the pickups are the same.

Comment

Beauford, slamming should mean the striker needs to be moved out, a tad bit and possibly a spacer underneath. Pictures, like Mitch would say, sure help Pat

Comment

Put tape on the striker nice and flat. Put a small stripe of lipstick on the latch. See were you are at...
        jmodela.coffeecup

Comment

• pAAt
          pAAt commented
          Editing a comment
          You keep lipstick in your toolbox Jim ?

Oh I can see where its hitting...the paint is gone. The only thing that had changed was the other day I put a rubber bumper on as the door has a little rattle. It would not close so I removed it and again door will not latch shut.

Comment

You sure don't need a shim under it and it doesn't look like you have any adjustment on your striker. I not sure if it's wise to file on the striker catch or not, but that's what I would try if necessary. You would think they would make a adjustable striker for that. Sorry, not much good help here Beauford Have a great day and hope your staying dry, over there. Pat
          Last edited by pAAt; 09-14-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Beauford
            Beauford commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah not much adjustment I can see other than throwing a shim under A pillar

• Beauford
            Beauford commented
            Editing a comment
            pAAt! You the MAN!! Filed striker with dremel a little and he latches!!! Thanks buddy!!!

• pAAt
            pAAt commented
            Editing a comment
            Hot damn !! Glad I could help and if you ever need to hunt some bucks, stop by for a spell !! Pat

• Beauford
            Beauford commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, I was shimming everything but the tail pipe...nothing worked. I just ran the wheel to clean up the edge and that was it!! Sooooo stoked!! Yes, bow season in a few weeks here and I have not set up my blind yet or sighted in my xbows. Between moving and dealing with Rustys aches and pains I have fallen behind....

Those marks current condition or previous condition?
          Good luck
          jmodela.coffeecup

Comment

• Beauford
            Beauford commented
            Editing a comment
            Current Jim!! Doesn't make your stomach turn. Good thing I have a air brush setup.