Indoctrination of the young

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoctrination of the young

Kids were loving the truck and even diehard Chevy kids were saying it was a nice truck, behind my back of course

Great shot Pat, glad to see you are helping promote the old cars equally with the youngsters.

I would ask one thing of you, have you attempted to adjust your headlights? I know you are not finished assembling the parts of the truck, but something needs to be done with that left headlight before you are off somewhere driving that beautiful truck and the sun goes down and you are caught with your redirecting of that light to the ISS.
    "We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing ...
    NEVER Be The First To Get Old!" Pilfered from the MAFC SA Newsletter

I JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

Comment

• pAAt
      pAAt commented
      Editing a comment
      It's set up for coon hunting in the woods Wiz !! I was thinking about mounting LED's on the roof and running boards Great day to you my friend !

• JDupuis
      JDupuis commented
      Editing a comment
      I do hope that someday, I can take you for that ice cream.

Pat your AA really looks good. You came a long way my friend in a short amount of time. It’s enjoyable to see you finally having fun with it. Beauford as well
    1~1931 Tudor ~ Dad
    2~1930 Tudor's ~ Lucy & Paul

Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Sweeeeeeettt!!!!!
      I'm a firm believer in, take a kid to a cruise night. Or at the least, ice cream! . Jeff

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still a kid Jeff !! When you coming to take me to the Dairy Queen ? Bring lotz of money, cause I like the big Blizzards

At shows I always look for kids with Mom and/or Dad and ask if they have their phone/camera and let them sit for pics. My friend with the sport coupe lets them sit in the rumble seat. Two years ago at the Balloon Festival (Plainville, CT) asked a mother with child i wheel chair if she wanted to try. Little did I realize he had tubes, etc hooked up. After a good ten minutes he was behind the wheel and stayed for about 20 mins (maybe 12 years old, homebound, watched Velocity and all the car shows elsewhere on TV also) asking all kinds of questions and telling ME what somethings were. He had the biggest grin when he left. Made MY day, his too. Mother was thrilled. She had taken many pics and had already forwarded them to his father who was working.
      Paul in CT

Comment

• Terry, NJ
        Terry, NJ commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not have this experience with a wheelchair bound child, I think he was normal in every way. But he sure enjoyed himself and his mother loved taking his picture behind the wheel. Who knows what seeds we're planting!
        Great experience all the way around! Terry

Nice rig pAAt!!! Great job!!!

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Beauford, The kids just love them don't they. You have been a big part of my build and I can not thank you enough !!

• Beauford
        Beauford commented
        Editing a comment
        We are all in it together my friend! Some even at 3am...aint it GREAT!! I can see that truck loaded up with some bucks this fall!!

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Beauford, get your ass up here and shoot some then

Pat whats up with the MIA hood?
      1~1931 Tudor ~ Dad

Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Beauford
        Beauford commented
        Editing a comment
        Mitch it keeps the engine cooler....

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Mitch, hoods been primed since spring, Beaufords rods installed, and tested out on truck. Everything's a go !! Um....... Ed's stuff is # 1 now I have to run an S10 frame up to the sandblaster for my painter tomorrow and he's been waiting to paint the hood for months ! Just so many things to do for others right now and maybe I'll just drop my flathead V8 in it, with a partial hood ! ;) Rat Ass Paat Custom Hauling
        Last edited by pAAt; 09-04-2018, 11:14 PM.

Mitch this is why I've slowed down on the AA. Ed helped me, a bit, get my box out of the iron pile Saturday. Today I stopped in to work on his A coupe and his truck was by the shop. I went in and hollered his name, he hollered I'm back here. I walked to the back of the shop and slid open the door a tad bit. I asked what he was doing and he said that I was going to be mad at him, so I asked if he fell and was hurt. He said no, but that he did hit the door, back dragging the road with the dozer. I was relieved and repaired the door. I took some pictures, ( camera's still in his shop ) but he was leery to come into focus of his mess up Maybe tomorrow we can work on the Coupe !! I can't help a lot of the people on VFF, but I will do my best to help those I can. My stuff can wait

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Your information helps a lot of folks on here. Tell Ed that I say HI

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Mitch, I think he's looking for another son and you would be a great brother. You could fly home and help once in a while !!... after you get back from your trip to where ever dude Pat's sad his new brother didn't take him with ...I've heard the gals over there wash your ears out with there tongue, ewh that's disgusting ;)

This guy can't drive for shit, but he sure has a way with the ladies !! I sure wish my name would have been Ed !!

Comment

• JDupuis
        JDupuis commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice repair!

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Jeff, kinda farmer fixed it, but he kept saying we could finish it tomorrow Lucky he had a couple partial pieces of siding, that only took me a half hour to get too !!

• aford193031
        aford193031 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looked like he was making a doggy door. Lol

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Aford, he sure could use another good dog !! Because I getting tired of all the fetching

pAAt, looks to me like his secret might be lots of coffee, gatoraid, and water. Keeps those juices flowing.

Comment

Comment

Nice repair job, I bet he was happy
          I feel like I know Ed personally already. Buy him a coffee on me
          1~1931 Tudor ~ Dad

Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• JDupuis
            JDupuis commented
            Editing a comment
            Or ice cream!
            And if he’s like the Dad, let him buy!

• pAAt
            pAAt commented
            Editing a comment
            He wouldn't let me buy, he feels he owes me to much already. I'll tell him Mitch and Jeff, from VFF, want to buy you coffee and a ice cream blizzard I think he would like that very much and I can see the smile on his face already and yes, I do believe you know him already Mitch. That's him peaking around the door, in the first picture, like a little boy who messed up !!
            Last edited by pAAt; 09-05-2018, 10:24 PM.

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
          Great shot Pat, glad to see you are helping promote the old cars equally with the youngsters.

I would ask one thing of you, have you attempted to adjust your headlights? I know you are not finished assembling the parts of the truck, but something needs to be done with that left headlight before you are off somewhere driving that beautiful truck and the sun goes down and you are caught with your redirecting of that light to the ISS.
          Nobody said a thing about my headlights pAAt.
          Attached Files

Comment

• DaWizard
            DaWizard commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe because they are laying somewhere under a bench or hanging off the wall somewhere and nowhere to be seen!!

• pAAt
            pAAt commented
            Editing a comment
            That's coming along nicely Sunny. It's going to be such a pretty ride, that no one will even notice you have no lights, not even the Wiz !!!

thanks guys, i guess i'm good to go

Comment

Cousins party and more indoctrinating going on. Guy in third picture wants to buy my truck bad !! I told him I would help him build one, so I took him to the shop and showed him some parts I'm sure his check would probably bounce anyway. Folks sure like the beast and I'm starting to think it'll be worn out, before I get the hood on !! I've run 20 gallons of gas through it so far and maybe it's time to leave my 1 mile radius Great evening to all, Pat

Comment

Originally posted by JDupuis View Post
              Sweeeeeeettt!!!!!
              I'm a firm believer in, take a kid to a cruise night. Or at the least, ice cream! . Jeff
              Ice cream for the kiddies, before they realize they have been introduced to the "wonders and miseries" of the Model A

Comment