father and son Sunday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• father and son Sunday....

While Turner is practicing driving I'm trying to get that little spider key in on the steering assembly. Note: keep pedals removed to install steering wheel. Don't be like me! LOL ugggghhhh
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Quality help is hard to find your very lucky
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      One time he tried to lower the floor jack while I was under the car. We had a short but effective talk. LOL

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      No jackstand?

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a teaching experience Beauford, he was teaching you to ALWAYS use a jack stand!!

• tbirdtbird
      tbirdtbird commented
      Editing a comment
      he was commando

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, nor do I wear a suit of armor when removing rear spring. LOL

Related Topics

Collapse

• Captndan
    Steering
    by Captndan
    I am going to install a Randy Gross steering conversion in my 31 Tudor as soon as it arrives. I know his instructions will be complete and understandable. If anyone has done this is there any special tricks or tips you can add. Thanks
    05-11-2017, 09:44 AM
  • bitbuster
    Model T steering wheel lock
    by bitbuster
    I was given the task of generating a working key for a Model T after-market Fox Automotive Products Corp steering wheel lock. Was told it was from a 1910 T. The steering wheel was not attached to the column and the lock was in locked position.I picked the lock and removed the cylinder and disassembled. I soaked all the parts in cider vinegar for a week, wiped each part, filed a key and reassembled....
    02-27-2018, 04:59 PM
  • canadian
    Steering Freeplay.
    by canadian
    29, 2 tooth. after 2000km summer driving , not much but enough to put on 5lbs of ice creme girth , I have noticed a little extra free play in steering from when I first started driving . I am looking for a simple turn this and hit that repair . don't want to spend to much time if there are a couple of steps I can skip to get me through the final couple of weeks of driving . I have checked linkages...
    08-27-2018, 10:07 AM
  • Tom Wesenberg
    Who Needs Steering Arms With Good Balls
    by Tom Wesenberg
    I just saw this on ebay, and it looks like a good deal for anyone needing steering arms with good balls.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-...19.m1438.l2649
    06-13-2018, 10:18 PM
  • sunnyorm
    Steering Play
    by sunnyorm
    What is fairly "normal" play for a driver, with a 2 tooth steering, measured at the steering wheel?
    07-10-2018, 05:31 PM
  • bosticjb
    Steering box
    by bosticjb
    I have just purchased a 1928 with a steering box problem anybody got any suggestions on what to do - any replacements that are recommended...
    10-08-2018, 02:52 PM
  • Bill CNC
    2 Tooth Steering Box
    by Bill CNC
    Well after screwing around with my steering box on my 31 Tudor, I have found it's to far gone to adjust. It feels like it's indexing in the center and if I loosen it up to rid the hard spot in the center, ... Whoa, ... she's ALL OVER THE ROAD!

I'm trying to figure out if I want to rebuild it myself or buy a rebuilt one or buy one of Randy's F-100 boxes.

I'm trying to keep...
    03-31-2018, 01:47 PM
  • Standing Elk
    Steering wheel repair
    by Standing Elk
    Am about ready to start repairs on my steering wheel. Got a couple things to run by you guys.
    Since the cracks are mostly fairly fine, I am thinking about taking a Dremel tool and just slightly V ing the cracks then filling them with Bondo and finishing from there. Is Bondo a good choice? After finished I plan to prime and spray paint (rattle can) it. Is there a better way? Thanks
    03-19-2018, 09:42 AM
  • Kevin84
    Steering box lube question
    by Kevin84
    I've just joined the Forum and looking through it so that I do not appear too stupid! I just purchase a 1930 2-dr coupe and it does have a steering problem. Almost impossible to steer. Checked the lubricant by removing the filler nut and could see NO lubricant! What lubricant needs to be used in the steering box? I'm reasonably sure that it will also need adjusting or maybe parts replacement. It's...
    01-11-2018, 07:13 PM
  • plyfor
    2 tooth steering freeplay
    by plyfor
    In the MAFCA website Q&A section , there is a reference to factory spec. of 1 " freeplay, wheels straight ahead. I assume that is measured at the wheel outer rim. What are others achieving with proper adjustment and equal lash both extremes ?...
    10-20-2018, 07:19 PM
Working...
X