Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Twister

Thing 1.jpgThing 2.jpgThing 3.jpgThing 4.jpgThing 5.jpg

Well CRAP, didn't post all my eloquent words!!

Ok, try this again!

Ok boys and girls, I finished removing the starter and stuck my flexible magnet down the hole to see what would jump out at me, and this is what I found.

In all my years of experience, a search of my internal hard drive has come up empty, so I am putting the question out to the masses.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, AND HOW DID IT GET IN MY BELL HOUSING?

As you can see, it is not very large, in fact it is under ¼" thick, and the flat area is machined, and the small "ears" are the broken area, everything else seems to be intentionally machined or cast.

I have come up with a blank, unless it could have something to do with the Starter Bendix that broke last year and this is finally floating to the surface. I thought I fished every last piece of that from the bell housing back then, but then, I didn't really reassemble the parts to make sure i had them all.

*sighs* HELP!!

Last edited by DaWizard; 07-29-2017, 11:46 AM.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Here are a few more pictures, just to get the juices flowing.

Thing 6.jpgThing 7.jpgThing 8.jpg
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

part of the bendix that holds the spring to the starter shaft. NOT GOOD.

Comment

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, if that the case, it is the last piece of that old bendix cause I have a "New Style" in that has been working excellently since the last one gave up, I wana say around December of 2016

BNCHIEF got it.

Comment

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        THANKS Bob. My next remark was going to be "show me" but you beat me to it.

The most important thing is you got it before it really did irreparable harm.

Comment

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed. It was only a leeetle annoying.

Wiz,
      Put it in your covered Chicken Dish, that's full of "unexplained" thingys----LOL
      Bill Eccentric

Comment

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh Bill, I have a plastic butter tub that holds all those goodies.