Off topic, but try to indulge us..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic, but try to indulge us..

Funny things happen when you get old. You seem to remember old things. Both my wife and I are in our mid eighties. Went though 2.5 Model A restorations during our 65 years of marriage. Oh yeah.. 4 kids too.

The thing I remember most is when I met her. August 11,1951. 67 years ago. Kinda proud about that. But don't ask me what I had for lunch yesterday..

Larry

Originally posted by Larry Jenkins View Post
    Funny things happen when you get old. You seem to remember old things. Both my wife and I are in our mid eighties. Went though 2.5 Model A restorations during our 65 years of marriage. Oh yeah.. 4 kids too.

The thing I remember most is when I met her. August 11,1951. 67 years ago. Kinda proud about that. But don't ask me what I had for lunch yesterday..

Larry
    Wow!!! 67 years with the same woman. Some guys find the right one straight off!!! Congrats.....If I add up all the years I was married to all the women I was married to, forgot how many, it wouldn't even be half that many years. I gave up looking for the right one 22 years ago. Smartest thing I ever did......for me.
    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Very refreshing to hear, we celebrated our 40th this year. Wow, we have away to go. Congratulations.
      28 Tudor
      57 Tbird
      2kMR2 Spyder
      62 Willys Pickup

Wise man once told me you don’t know what you don’t know

Comment

• Hoogah
        Hoogah commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too!

My congratulations also; that is quite an accomplishment. My wife and I just hit 41 years together. We are young enough that I hope for 60 or 65 years together.

Comment

• Larry Jenkins
        Larry Jenkins commented
        Editing a comment
        Marriage is a compromise. Eat well; exercise: be truthful and remain pure. There will be lots of bumps in the road,but, with the right attitude and positive thinking, setbacks become triumphs.

My wife and I celebrated 47th on August 7th.

Comment

Congratulations! That is quite an achievement. I made it to one year last month, it's a good start, and she likes model As so I think it will work out

Comment

Sandra and I celebrated 54 years in June.

Comment

34 years August 11, 1984. Still Happily ever after!
            Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

I just celebrated my 80th birthday by running a pretty fast mile. Been married since I was 19 to my model A co-driver. She is 78. Stay out of that easy chair, go out and modify that Model A, Keep moving.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ! ! ! ! ! ! My wife and I will have 46 in Nov.
                Paul in CT

Comment

59 years for us this month. has been a great life.

Comment

54 years for us. Married before she finished high school. I used to have to sign her absentee slips if she missed school.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Last edited by Mickey; 08-13-2018, 10:18 AM.
                    http://www.turnbophotography.com

Comment

Congrats Larry a job well done

33 happy years here
                      tied the knot at 23
                      6/16/85
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said
                      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Larry Jenkins
                        Larry Jenkins commented
                        Editing a comment
                        2 of my 4 kids are older than you are.. Gawd.. Getting old(er..)

Congrats Larry! Congrats to you all that have a happy marriage! I’am now very happy not being married!

Comment

If she doesn't kill me before November 27th we will be married 65 years.

Comment

• Larry Jenkins
                          Larry Jenkins commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We had our 65th on June 13th. Age is an attitude.

Our 45th is today. She drove our Tudor yesterday and took me to lunch at a local park.

John

Comment

• carolinamudwalker
                          carolinamudwalker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good on you and wife. Wish we lived closer. My wife made a back cushion to get closer to the peddles.

Congrats Pop - made a little more progress on your 1/2 restoration today. Rewired the ignition per spec, installed the repo dash light and got all four screws into the dash pod. Will work on the starter rod where it goes through the floor boards tomorrow. Bracket is the size of a quarter, the hole is more like a silver dollar. Need to make a patch.

Hang in there - I’m still trying to stay ahead of my Father in Law - who is 96.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I've been involved in a, very successful, same sex relationship for 50 years.....................same woman, same sex :rolling I kill me!!!
                          Has it ever occurred to you that the sole purpose for your existence might be to serve as a warning to others?

Comment

• CSPIDY
                            CSPIDY commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not that there’s anything wrong with that

We have been maried for 57 years. Would not change it as she bought the first Model A we had. How about that!!!.
                          Two types of teachers:
                          1. To teach what THEY know.
                          2. To impart knowledge for You.

Comment

Thanks to all of you that responded to our years together. It is very refreshing to read about your time with your wives and family. Kind of an unusual event these days.. Back when marriage really meant something. Would not want it any other way.. As long as you know how to spell 'Flexibility.."

Comment

Jane and I talk a lot about the days when times got really tough working in a machine shop with numerous layoffs and how we managed to find a way to make ice cream out of lemons. We often discuss the Model A days and how effective "nickel and diming" the first restoration that made it happen.

Another saying we often say is, "If you think you have it bad; look around you."

We are fortunate to have a great attitude that carries us.. 87 and 85.

Comment

Congratulations! 67 years is a pretty good start.

Comment

My wife and I have been married 47 years. Our secret seems to be keep doing different things. Learn another language, join a gym, keep going out with our old car clubs. Almost anything as long as you don't sit down in front of the TV and expect other people to run around after you. Good for you Larry.

Comment

53 years here. Only regret is I should have married her sooner. Problem was she was still in high school.
                                    http://www.turnbophotography.com

Comment

Happily married 28 years
                                      28 out of 36 aint bad...
                                      http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment