New lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lift

I am getting older each day, and am tired of climbing under the car, so I bought a lift.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Very nice Bill!
    A four post lift is my future as well. I just need to pull the trigger.
    Jeff
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Very nice, car looks good to. next build a shed around it
      28 Tudor
      57 Tbird
      2kMR2 Spyder
      62 Willys Pickup

Wise man once told me you don’t know what you don’t know

Comment

Me want one!
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

I live where nothing is allowed. They'd be all over me just for the gas pump you have. Hard to believe there were sheep and horses across the road when we moved here years ago. That would be nice to have, but I've wondered how they stand up when they are out in the weather all the time?

Comment

• Hoogah
            Hoogah commented
            Editing a comment
            Fine! Sheep and horses stand out in the weather all the time! :-)

It would last much better inside, but my ceiling is 7 ft, so that will not work. I figure it will last 10 years, and by then I will be dead. Idont have the ambition to build a shed, and my property is so small that I am at the limit for buildings. It is good enough for now. The gas pump is only decoration, not functional.
          Last edited by 2manycars; 08-10-2018, 07:31 PM.
          Bill
          Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Nice Bill good luck with it, and it sure beats rolling around on the ground. Are you going to get the roller jack accy?
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said
            "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• 2manycars
              2manycars commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the rolling jack tray, but it needs a jack to operate. I dont want the fancy jack accessory, as it would need to stay on the lift outside, and that does not seem like a good idea. It also came with drip trays, but I will just put them under the cars inside the barn to keep the floor clean.

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              You can sit a small floor jack or a bottle jack in the tray to jack up the axle with a block of wood.
              That’s what I use on my home 4 post

I also have the Advantage 4 post lift like yours and I am well pleased with it. I bought the XLT so I wouldn't bump my head every time I walked under it (7 ft clearance). I keep my Shelby on the lift so it is out of reach of every one.

TOB

Comment

Your lift will be fine outside. The one I use has been outside in our Oregon rain for years and works fine. Enjoy that lift! I wish I had room for one.

Comment

Originally posted by 40B1930 View Post
                Your lift will be fine outside. The one I use has been outside in our Oregon rain for years and works fine. Enjoy that lift! I wish I had room for one.
                I made a metal cover for the power unit to keep it dry.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Bill
                Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Looking good Bill.

Paul

Comment

This may not have helped Bill, but others please be advised there is such a thing as a low-overhead lift.
                    Here is one:
                    http://www.forwardlift.com/Car-Lifts...Two-Post-Lift/
                    It requires 111 1/4 " clearance (9.25 ft)

Once you pull the trigger for a lift you will wonder how you ever got along without it

Comment

• George Miller
                      George Miller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They sure are handy, every year they are worth more to me as I get older.

I have 12’ ceilings in my garage at home which is under the master bath / bedroom
                    I'm able to stand under my Tudor and actually have to reach upwards. The closed car body is around 6’ tall so I only have enough room to put my mower underneath
                    3 ~ Tudor's
                    Henry Ford said
                    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I can reach the ceiling in my shop, so no lift inside. If I open the hood on the 40 ford, it hits the ceiling.
                      Bill
                      Eastern Connecticut

Comment

That's my "dream world" shop addition. Problem with it being outside is that everyone who sees it will want to use it. By the way next time I am in Connecticut can I use it for a few hours. Do I need to schedule ahead? Do you provide lunch and the cold iced tea? BBQ burgers would be just fine, nothing fancy...
                        Look's great, Chap

Comment

• Mitch
                          Mitch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Chap just drive up and help yourself, that’s what I plan to do. The barby is on the other side of that towncar

• 2manycars
                          2manycars commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I am here most of the time, except when I am not. Harry's hot dogs and hambergs is just down the road.

Wizz,....The Secretary of our Club, here in Visalia, has a 4 post lift. I really don't know what shape it's in but it is for sale. I 'll send pics and info with this post.
                        Phil
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• JDupuis
                          JDupuis commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good price!
                          Wish it was closer!

We have a couple of BendPak 4 posts that were on a deep discounted sale (9000#). Most overseas parts but USA assembled. Hydraulic Oil is Dextron3. The rails are very heavy to slide over to adjust for wheel spacing. A single post may be easier for access but requires deep foundation and multiple anchor bolts. Your air compressor is used to operate the lift stops (brakes) on these models. The approach ramps reduce the clearance some but shims can be added to raise them slightly.
                        Last edited by plyfor; 08-12-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys for the offers. It is not a question of price nor availability, it is the problem that Tom is having. The city won't let me put one up!
                          You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• George Miller
                            George Miller commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Big Brother is always here to help, and tell us how we should live.

• DaWizard
                            DaWizard commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So true George.

• 2manycars
                            2manycars commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The problem I see in that sentence is the word CITY. In my town there are more cows and chickens than people, and we only have one blinking traffic light in the whole town.

Got a Backyard Buddy on sale at a Goodguys show 19 years ago for less than 2K. It is absolutely one of my better buys. My shop has 12’ ceilings as I anticipated the purchased of a lift.

Comment