Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring inline fuel pump and electronic fuel valve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring inline fuel pump and electronic fuel valve.

So until I can buy another tank I have a T'ish cylinder tank in the bed of truck. I have mounted the tank and have secured the fuel pump on pass frame channel close to tank as possible underneath. I have a 30amp inline fuse off the "-" side of battery to the fuel pump and grounded fuel pump. I will later tonight mount cutoff fuel valve near carb inside frame and I have a toggle switch to the battery and connected to cutoff and grounded. My question is do I need to have both fuel pump and fuel cutoff wired together? I figure you flip the toggle and that closes cutoff or do I need to cut off both. Now to figure best wat to run fuel line......

Problem Solved.....stay tuned for next.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Beauford
      Electric Fuel Shuttoff
      by Beauford
      I'm basically stock but run a fuel tank in the bed of my '29 RPU due to a hole in original tank. I have a carter pump @2psi and added a electric fuel shutoff I had got from Snyders. Well the fuel shutoff decided to stay shut. I have check all electrical and ground...I think it just took a shit...anyone know of another inline elec shutoff that is any good??
      03-02-2019, 07:38 PM
    • Beauford
      Fuel pump opinions needed..
      by Beauford
      Well the painter was sanding a rough area on tank....gas came out. Rust911 took it down to the best solid metal but the tank was to far gone in one area so he is filling that and make it look good and paint. Instead of chasing down a '29 tank that's worth a damn I'm going with a bed mount tank in the truck...maybe a stainless round tank mounted to truck bed. How hard are fuel pump installs? Never...
      07-28-2018, 06:39 PM
    • Beauford
      Rusty's rear tank..
      by Beauford
      So while I wait on another tank I installed a T-ish cylinder tank in bed of truck. I have a fuel pump with a before and after filter, fuel regulator at 1 PSI and a electronic shutoff with a toggle switch that controls all. Well, Rusty cranks but no start. I removed fuel line from carb and turned on pump and fuel was flowing. Reconnected and put coil to head nut and cranked. Bright blue spark. It was...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      08-12-2018, 06:01 PM
    • Aretino
      Fuel Flow Rate
      by Aretino
      What is a acceptable fuel flow rate for my 31 coupe? Example: If I pull the fuel line off at the carb, open the shut off valve and direct the fuel flow into a measured container for a specified time....
      10-26-2020, 08:59 PM
    • old31
      Indented fuel shut off valve problem on 31
      by old31
      My idea is to suck out the fuel from the top of the tank, I have a gallon and a half of fuel installed.

does anyone have a better idea?.

I installed a new shut off valve, put in a gallon a half of gas and a new fuel line. With the shut off on no fuel comes out of the shut off. I removed the fuel line and turned it on and no fuel comes out of the shut off. I put the same pencil...
      01-12-2020, 08:28 AM
    • Michael M
      Model A gas tank
      by Michael M
      A distinctive feature of the Model A is the gas tank location and gravity feed system. Any ideas on what prompted this arrangement? And did any other car makers use a similar arrangement?...
      02-03-2018, 09:35 AM
    • Towd56
      Glass fuel bowl with fuel pump
      by Towd56
      can you use the glass fuel bowl if you are using a fuel pump installed BEFORE the fuel bowl. Or do you install the pump after?...
      05-04-2017, 08:30 PM
    • Gary Seibert
      Fuel Leak
      by Gary Seibert
      I have a 1927 Model T with a Holley Plate Vaporizer. The carbarator started leaking fuel from a rear fitting. If I turn the fuel shutoff on, fuel drips steadly from the fitting. If I turn the fuel shutoff off, fuel seeps from the fitting. Can this leak be fixed without removal of the carborator? Does the carborator need to be overhaled and if so can it be removed from the plate vaporizer assembly...
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      12-20-2020, 09:47 PM
    • Beauford
      Fuel Pump
      by Beauford
      I run a stock '29 RPU and due to a hole in original tank I am running a tank in the bed of the truck. I had a cheap in line pump that died after 150 miles so stepped up to a Carter P4259. It works great but is noisy as hell. Any way to quiet this pump down??
      11-11-2018, 04:13 PM
    • dmdeaton
      A local new build
      by dmdeaton
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      09-28-2018, 07:34 AM
    Working...
    X