If we build them, will they come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we build them, will they come?

Barn find, of course, has become a catch all for seemingly lost vintage vehicles, right? wouldn't it be nice in an era of disappearing barns, if when someone built a new one, more barn finds "would come"?

I always laugh when people smile or laugh about barn finds. There are NINE antiques in varying stages of repair and condition within 1/2 mile of my house and I am constantly surprised by friends or neighbors who have one in their garage or barn.
    Life is what happens on the way to what you planned

Comment

Yes, i would expect to find them in your neck of the woods..."Life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains, growing like a breeze"

Comment

I have a triumph TR4 in my shop just now that was in a barn just down the street for many years. It is a real POS, that should go to the dump, but the owner bought it in 1967, and wants me to weld all new panels in the body. Barn fresh is not always a golden egg.
        Bill
        http://www.brauchauto.com/
        Eastern Connecticut

Comment

3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
          Henry Ford said,
          "It's all nuts and bolts"
          "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

These are still fresh in my mind

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...inds#post26852
            3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
            Henry Ford said,
            "It's all nuts and bolts"
            "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

#5 Thanks Mitch, gotta love it, huh?

Comment

One has to always remember that not everything, just because it's old, is worth saving. I love the expression I read somewhere.... I buy junk but sell antiques!

Comment

"One man's trash is another man's treasure"
                  "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hillyard View Post
                    One has to always remember that not everything, just because it's old, is worth saving. I love the expression I read somewhere.... I buy junk but sell antiques!
                    My Doctor told me that once, I don't think he was talking about Cars, :rolling
                    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” (Will Rogers).

Comment

Ouch

Comment

widgetinstance 451 (<center>Related Topics</center>) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X