Floorboard Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floorboard Removal

Because it seems I am forever removing the floorboard of my '28 Tudor, and since the webbing around the edge needed replacing, I made the purchase of the webbing kit from a vendor and since I only needed to fix the front, I had some left over and decided to make an "easy pull strap" from the excess. So, the following pictures are what I did to make this pull strap. Because this lays flat between the seats under the mat, it is virtually invisible!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

You're a smart dude. Now why didn't Henry think of that I guess he wanted to keep the costs down
    3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
    Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I guess Henry didn't put them on because he didn't have Phillips head screws like The Wiz.
      That would have been one more screwdriver X 5 million in the tool bag!

Wiz- neat idea!
      Last edited by MikeK; 07-31-2018, 06:48 PM.
      Mechanical engineering 101: If you put an adjustment knob, screw, bolt, or tolerance specs on something, some people will immediately fiddle with it. If you mark it DO NOT TOUCH everyone will mess with it.

Comment

Hey Mike, have I ever told you how much I HATE slot screws?
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Even though you used Phillips, it’s still important to face all the slots identical on each one
          3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
          Henry Ford said,
          "It's all nuts and bolts"
          "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
            Because it seems I am forever removing the floorboard of my '28 Tudor, and since the webbing around the edge needed replacing, I made the purchase of the webbing kit from a vendor and since I only needed to fix the front, I had some left over and decided to make an "east pull strap" from the excess. So, the following pictures are what I did to make this pull strap. Because this lays flat between the seats under the mat, it is virtually invisible!
            Will it still work if you want to pull West??
            Last edited by Bob C; 07-31-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the catch Bob, I usually proof read before posting. Musta had something in my eye.

Comment

The slot heads are a pain. Glad I have Canadian built cars with Robertson screws! .
                Jeffoneofthosecanadianguys!
                Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

That's a cool idea, thanks for the tip.

Comment

This should be in the modified forum

Great idea Wiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                      Even though you used Phillips, it’s still important to face all the slots identical on each one
                      Yes you still need to be uniform but it is easier because you have twice as many slots you will not have to turn the screw as far. You never know when some one will lift the floor mat and look at your work.
                      Last edited by George Miller; 08-01-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment