Oil Pan flanges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan flanges

Any suggestions for (simple) straightening method or leveling out the oil pan flanges (mating surfaces to block) ?

A 1/2" diameter brass or aluminum rod and hammer. Lay the lip on a solid edge, such as the edge of a solid work table.

Comment

You can also scuff them, upside down, on a cement floor, to see WHERE they need straightening! (TIP# 193)
      Bill Tricky

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Denis4x4
        What is this?
        by Denis4x4
        What is this bolt next the oil pump? Pan is Model A modified for a ‘39 transmission
        05-29-2018, 04:51 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Cheap Oil Pan with Dipper Tray
        by Tom Wesenberg
        Just saw this on ebay, and he has 3 oil pans for only $10 each. It's a good buy if you live close enough to pick it up in person.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38243781966...2942%26itm%3D3...
        09-29-2018, 06:36 AM
      • Bikerider58
        Suck it out or let it drip - - oil change
        by Bikerider58
        Sludge in the bottom of the pan is common due to non-detergent oil. If 10 years of non-detergent and 10+ modern detergent oil and engine build; then it seems like the sludge would be cleaned out. I still had a good layer of about 3/8 inch.

I did not check when the pan was off, but suspect a good amount of oil is in the pan below the drain hole. With the engine tilt it seems like there...
        03-23-2019, 12:58 AM
      • Tudor31
        Did not know this could happen
        by Tudor31
        Dropped the oil pan today as a part of getting Eleanor back on the road. The pan was better than expected but the oil pump screen was horrendous. Somebody cleaned the pan and forgot all about the oil pump.
        03-21-2019, 07:35 PM
      • BillLee/Chandler, TX
        Too much oil?
        by BillLee/Chandler, TX
        I have heard the story that over-filling the pan on an A engine will cause the rear main to leak. I have no reason to NOT believe this, but I would sure like to understand WHY it is so.

Anybody with the answer?

Thanks.

Bill
        02-19-2019, 08:54 PM
      • Atlasboy
        Which Engine Oil to use
        by Atlasboy
        I have a 1931 Model A with an original engine, never out of the frame or rebuilt. What type and weight oil would be the best for this Car ?
        11-28-2018, 09:30 AM
      • canadian
        base pan
        by canadian
        Almost depressed but still hanging in... was giving the Model A the finally prep for summer, one last thing was oil change, got the gear all together and crawled underneath. Gremlin sat on my head while base pan plug rotated anti clock and clockwise . no oil leaks and its full, plug just rotates around freely .... great......
        05-23-2018, 05:29 PM
      • Bob Giles
        Oil clean up.
        by Bob Giles
        Wouldn't it be nice if you could use a water soluble lubricant in the Model A crank case.
        07-08-2017, 08:34 AM
      • Mark Maron
        Is this a thing of beauty or WHAT!
        by Mark Maron
        Orignal CADMIUM Plated Oil Pan for my E28 Sport Coupe...Ohhh YEA!!!!
        12-05-2018, 05:14 PM
      • DaWizard
        Dip Stick?
        by DaWizard
        I was wondering exactly where the dip stick takes it's measurement from since the level on mine doesn't seem to move when I know it leaks out the rear main?

Is it dipping into the pan beside the dipper tray, or is it dipping into the dipper tray itself?

Also, anyone have a picture other than the side view in the owners manual?
        07-11-2017, 06:43 PM
      Working...
      X