Ford Y Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Y Block

I recently bought a 1966 F-600. I was told it has a 342 engine in it. How can I verify?

Welcome to the VFF!
    I think someone is pulling your leg
    http://yblockguy.com/identify_y-block.htm
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Hey butjn9 , WELCOME to the VFF!!

Post some pictures of that engine and I bet someone here can identify it for ya.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Welcome to the VFF!
        As Wiz stated, post some pictures of that engine. Please! We love pictures!
        Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Maybe a 352??

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ray in La Mesa
            Tod's engine block
            by Ray in La Mesa
            Haven't seen any info on Tod's A block casting project lately, anyone know what the story is?
            03-19-2019, 10:01 AM
          • Ronnieroadster
            Flathead Ford block for high horsepower
            by Ronnieroadster
            Heres the latest flathead block were building for another run on the salt flats. Can anyone see any differences?
            Ronnieroadster
            11-10-2018, 06:25 PM
          • rnwagner
            Hot tanking a block
            by rnwagner
            Hi Rick here. New to the Model A scene. Have two now. A Speedster we built from scratch and a 30 Tudor that was a basket case. I have been working on rebuilding an engine. My question is about "hot tanking" the A block. Is it recommended? Will the babbit bearings be unharmed? I really don't not think I need to re-babbit the block yet, although I have not measured everything to date. Whats...
            09-05-2018, 03:04 PM
          • 31Roadster
            Cracked block
            by 31Roadster
            I have a cracked block left side of engine leaking water . May try Blue Devil Block sealer . Any other suggestions other than a new block. I used it last year for a sand hole casting leak in the valve adjusting chamber worked out good so far over 2000 miles on that repair .
            08-27-2017, 12:29 PM
          • Garry Hale
            Gas gauge for 38 Ford Deluxe
            by Garry Hale
            Can someone please direct me to where I can find a gas gauge for a 38 Ford Deluxe. Complete with capillary line to engine block. I have shopped vendors until exhausted and hope someone may have some input for me.

Thanks
            Garry...
            04-10-2019, 03:00 PM
          • MildFB
            46 Ford Glove box lid
            by MildFB
            Where do you reckon I can get a glovebox lid that's not all rusty for 46 Ford.? need to get it to Australia..
            11-28-2018, 11:55 PM
          • Flying Ford
            Radio Speaker 1949 Ford Shoebox
            by Flying Ford
            I have a Motorola 9MF radio that was original equipment in the 1949-50 Ford. I restored the radio but need the right speaker for it. The schematic for the radio doesn't indicate how many ohms the speaker should be. Does someone know whether the speaker was 4, 8, or 10 ohms?
            02-11-2019, 01:02 PM
          • tchbil
            Odd engine
            by tchbil
            I picked up this engine from a friend which the serial dates it at July 29 but it has x beam rods and 5 journal cam and block ?? That should have changed in Nov 28 ? also found it interesting to have .040 Ford pistons and Ford script tappets....
            05-25-2019, 08:25 PM
          • pooch
            English Ford Pilot engine
            by pooch
            gday, I am curious as to when the Poms started building the 21 stud engine and a few details .

I know they never changed to 24 stud , and had a lot of surplus engines over at war's end, so they designed a car to use the engine, which became the pilot, a car that in size and shape very similar to a 36 USA Ford sedan .

The only difference in the engine casting that i can readily...
            09-16-2018, 06:50 PM
          • dmdeaton
            Engine Block Sleeves
            by dmdeaton
            If you need to sleeve a block, are the new sleeves modern steel? How do these wear and hold up compared to the stock cast iron bores?...
            12-11-2017, 03:09 PM
          Working...
          X