No announcement yet.

41 Sedan Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, can't wait to see the finished product!
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Little more progress...got color on inside window trim. When paint arrived, I was worried it might be a bit too yellow, but I think it is going to work nicely. So, as I said, this will the color for the outside window areas. What do you think fellas? Got rear fenders and trunk lid ready for color and rear 1/4 window regulators panels painted and running boards ready for rubber install.

Comment

Kel, let me see if I got this straight. On the outside of the car around the windows only will be that cream, or that will be the top color from body line up?
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
          Kel, let me see if I got this straight. On the outside of the car around the windows only will be that cream, or that will be the top color from body line up?
          From the body line just below the windows, to the drip rail, cream, top and body line down, the brown.

Comment

Originally posted by 68blackbird View Post

From the body line just below the windows, to the drip rail, cream, top and body line down, the brown.
            OH! that is going to look great, I think you can pull that off.

Comment

Progress for this week...

Got another fender in paint, had a couple kamikaze bugs do the slow slow death march in the clear, addressed that, Check. The back seat side pieces that came with the Altima seats are modified and fitted. I almost threw these away, never thought I'd get them to work, but looks like they will. Everything is just laying in there for now. Check on back seats. You can see I started on the door & 1/4 interior panels. Think I'm going to do my own custom panels...this could get ugly. The console and bumper are in paint. Think I will paint the FORD inlay, and the gray trim piece on console the same brown as the car? Car is starting to run pretty good. We have played with the tuning, at least it has a very nice idle now.

Comment

DAMN ! You do nice work. This is going to be a nice car.
                Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Originally posted by JDupuis View Post
                  DAMN ! You do nice work. This is going to be a nice car.
                  Thanks man....hope you are right,Kel

Comment

Kel, this is fun following along. The console turned out great, just like the other stuff. What kind of running issues do you have with the motor? This has the spout wire that gets disconnected to set the timing, correct?
                    3 ~ Tudor's
                    Henry Ford said
                    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                      Kel, this is fun following along. The console turned out great, just like the other stuff. What kind of running issues do you have with the motor? This has the spout wire that gets disconnected to set the timing, correct?
                      Thanks for the feedback...pretty sure the car had been sitting for a number years before I got it. Could have been several years since it had been running. I don't have any history on it, so we are guessing on every move. Drive train is not my forte, know just enough to be dangerous. Lucky for me, my buddy loves that stuff. He talked me into the LS swap in my '50 GMC truck. He did all the wiring deletions and programming. Having the Ford stuff turned out to more challenging..for him. I bought the Quarterhorse hardware and we are using the TunerPro software for tuning. Pretty good learning curve. That along with that aftermarket stuff(Trickflow heads/EFI intake) made it challenging for us. With that being said, we have it running, at least idling very nice now. We moved the ACT from the intake, to just sitting outside the intake, that helped quite a bit. Next step is to get it around the neighborhood and do some logging for more data. You seem to know about these Ford's...yes, it has the spout wire. I'm open for any advice you can throw at us, like I said, we are leaps and bounds ahead of wear we were a few weeks ago. Interior stuff is coming along, thinking I might even shoot some of the cream/yellow on outside window area this weekend. Carpet, headliner, windlace is on the way, be like Xmas seeing what it might look like. Tonite, I knocked out a couple tasks, got the vent window regulators rebuilt and started work on the glovebox door. Been looking for months for one, all I found was one for convertible, but as you see, it was shorter. Got some pieces scabbed together, some tweaking, think it will work. Again, thanks for the comments, back at it again tomorrow, Kel

Comment

I like to gettem runnin right first with a stock tune, before jumpin in. Then ya know what changed what etc. Make sure that the fuel pressure regulator is not dumping fuel out through the vacuum line. Sounds like you got a handle on it. Nice extended cab glove box door.
                        3 ~ Tudor's
                        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I like to gettem runnin right first with a stock tune, before jumpin in. Then ya know what changed what etc. Make sure that the fuel pressure regulator is not dumping fuel out through the vacuum line. Sounds like you got a handle on it. Nice extended cab glove box door.
                          Sound advice, thx.

Comment

Been really hard to get motivated to work on it, hot/humid, heat indices of 105+...didn't used to bother me, turned 60, now it slows me down a bit, anyway...

Got some color on. Inner wheel wells, hood, trim on console. The previous guy had eliminated the hood trim piece and filled in the seam, and made a very small ridge down the center with filler. I was having a hard time replicating that, then I found the original hood trim piece, wasn't in real great shape and didn't have the ornament. Found an ornament on ebay, again, not in great shape, so for $25, bought it(being shipped) and going to paint it and the hood trim. Kind of a bold move, but I do tend to color outside the lines. I think with the yellow window area and and the bumpers yellow, this will work. If I hate it, I can try to find some decent chrome pieces for the hood and go that way. Also got the inside roof insulated, pretty much finished the glove box and started on the door panel stuff. Never tried doing upholstered door panels, see how that goes...Kel

Comment

The cream looks good next to the brown, which looks like root beer, (root beer float)
                              you put down a really fine finish on the paint. Good work
                              28 Tudor
                              57 Tbird
                              2kMR2 Spyder
                              62 Willys Pickup

Wise man once told me you don’t know what you don’t know

Comment

Several things done since last post, got some paint down, some interior work.

Comment

Wow Kel you sure did get a lot done. It looks nice, including the glove box door. I wish I could help you on the vent glass, but have no experience with that era style. Sometimes an eBay search for parts will shed some info on assembly.
                                  3 ~ Tudor's
                                  Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Starting to come together...man, I wish I could find someone who could help with the vent window. I bought a manual, but didn't have that in it. I have no clue how vent regulator bolts to door, seems like I'm missing part(s)?

Comment

Very nice work, looks good.
                                      maybee the vent window would be an excellent candidate to be eliminated. Many people do this and your door window opening has a good look without it.
                                      I personally like the vent window but if you have AC you can live without it.
                                      28 Tudor
                                      57 Tbird
                                      2kMR2 Spyder
                                      62 Willys Pickup

Wise man once told me you don’t know what you don’t know

Comment

Kel, the way you have the hardware pictured is how it is mounted, but you seem to be missing the attaching lip below the edge line. It would appear that the PO removed that in favor of a single piece window.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
                                          Kel, the way you have the way you have the hardware pictured is how it is mounted, but you seem to be missing the attaching lip below the edge line. It would appear that the PO removed that in favor of a single piece window.
                                          Cool....at least now I know whats going on. I've always liked the vent...old school look. I've already bought the glass so I'll try to fab something or just eliminate it, thanks again for the feedback! Kel

Comment

In spite of of Hannah beating the crap out of us, I managed to get some work done. After looking for weeks pictures or info on how the vent attaches, with NO luck, went ahead today and fabed up this bracket. Mocked up the window trim, looks like it is going to work, now have to duplicate for other side. Also had a little playing with some LED lights...Kel

Last edited by 68blackbird; 07-25-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Gotta love ZZtop.
                                              Looks good
                                              Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Nice Kel, hope those brackets work out for ya. . Now Wiz is gonna want lights on his A
                                                3 ~ Tudor's
                                                Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Now Wiz is gonna want lights on his A
                                                  Been dere, done dat. Went so hog wild even had LEDs pointing at a disco mirror ball. The Model A is a great platform to light but I may have outgrown that, only time will tell. But as of this posting, no real plans for extra lighting.

Comment

Up late, can't sleep, so a late night post. Finished passenger door panel. Not to shabby for my 1st attempt, did learn a couple things, the other side should go easier.
                                                    Attached Files

Comment