39 build thread "Clyde"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 build thread "Clyde"

Figured I'm getting enough shots of progress on the 39, and am bouncing between it, the 35, the 37C body, the 49, and the model a's that I better start a thread so everyone can keep up with progress.

I'll start with a few pictures for its introduction and then explain the details, progress and plans...

Plans were to source a small chassis 4x4 like a jeep or toyo and swap it on the chassis.

Then I decided to save money and graft it onto a 92 k1500 chassis I had built for a mud bog.

Then I said piss on that, i didn't wanna mess with the IFS/torsion bars while chopping the frame down and I might have a deal worked out for I think it's an 01 or 02 jeep grand Cherokee that's been rolled for cheap cheap. I'll use the front and rear axles with suspension and plum it onto this chassis. And probably for timeframes and costs utilize the 4.0/auto/tcase with harness and computer and just swap it in as well.

That should give me an operational 39 tudor 4x4 in pretty quick time.

The next step is to blend to body sections back together.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• STEBS
      35 build thread
      by STEBS
      Just got introduced to the page, it took me a bit to get enough current progress as my last phone crashed prior to my joining. I've been busting ass this week after work in the cold dark and now it's the weekend so here is current shots of what I've basically had to piece together (long story) from 3 different cars that were cut up into a pile
      01-25-2020, 11:34 PM
    • BNCHIEF
      Thread sizes?
      by BNCHIEF
      Can someone tell me what size and thread these are I am striking out.

Distributor cam hold down screw.
      Conduit that threads into the distributor.
      04-05-2018, 06:28 AM
    • Beauford
      what thread size?
      by Beauford
      the threads on my spare driveshaft are a little messy due to mechanics over the years whacking it to release pinion. Just want to clean them up. Thanks
      04-02-2019, 05:51 PM
    • Mitch
      Past modern silicone head gasket thread
      by Mitch
      If you are looking for the 5 page or so HG thread, I took it down for now. As the thread evolved it lost it's intended purpose to provide the members here with proven information for and against using it. The thread basically turned into a word twisting jungle of garbage, became impossible to follow, and then turned into a political mockery of which a post had to be deleted. For those that were following...
      02-12-2019, 07:03 AM
    • Jim Mason
      a-2492 springs are order see thread...
      by Jim Mason
      No really , look at the thread...

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...g-spring/page2
      03-01-2019, 09:36 AM
    • DaWizard
      Broken Model A
      by DaWizard
      Since I have already posted a few pictures on another thread and didn't want to clutter it up with more info, I am starting this new thread to sorta document this poor Model A. I'm sure Mitch will move it as he sees fit, so here goes.

Yesterday, 1/13, I received this late '31 Coupe with a seized engine. Now since I had already been to the owners house and with the tranny top off determined
      01-14-2020, 03:25 PM
    • copgib
      Some progress
      by copgib
      Well I finally did something to my Model A. I drained the fluids and was surprised the antifreeze that came out looked like yellow urine. It did have some rust particles in it too. This may not sound like much progress but any progress for me is a plus. Now I have to find more time to continue. I may be slow but I'm getting there. Hugh...
      06-22-2018, 08:11 PM
    • Metal Twister
      Is there a picture sticky thread for the T's?
      by Metal Twister
      Noticed in the Model A Forum there is a sticky for: Post a picture of your A

This is a sticky topic.

was wondering if there was a similar thread fo T's as well? Id sure like to see what you guys are doing and get a good look at your vehicles. For us visual guys it helps a lot. Is there a thread like this somewhere?
      08-22-2019, 10:12 PM
    Working...
    X