Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitting an S10 to my 21 studder 28 hiboy roadster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith can't you get an electronic to mechanical converter box. These convert a generated pulse signal to analog and the unit spins the cable. Yes you will probably need a custom cable made up to adapt the speedo, but that part would not be a big deal
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/d...QaAstnEALw_wcB
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch, this is the dakota digital unit, that I am aleady looking at, at a last resort.

Gotta give this some more thought.

There are other places to whack a gear in besides the transmission.

Inside the front rotor hub is one.

I have a cheap HUD GPS speedo coming for temp use.

If this is too cumbersome, I can try this, stick the magnet inside the front rotor.

bike gps.jpg

Or just use a phone GPS speedo.

Will somehow get the oval running one day.

Comment

This is where the stock S10 stick came out of floor.

The cutout further forward was where the 39 toploader was.

I would have liked it further forward but this will have to do.

Note the scallop out of the drivers side kick panel.

RHD Model A/s have the go pedal in the middle.

Not at all kocher on a rat, so I scallop out the kick panel so there is an inch or so more right foot room for pedal.

Even had to cut a toe off the surfer pedal to fit....

s10stick1.jpg

After a Model A swan neck stick was in, it does not look so bad.

Realllll nice to move gears now.

s10stick2.jpg

Comment

Totally cool.!
          Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

🐹Rod. I used to have those feet pedals and mirror dice on my rides when I was a kid.
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said
            "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Now THAT is great, a 4toed pedal!
              You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                🐹Rod. I used to have those feet pedals and mirror dice on my rides when I was a kid.
                No mirror dice for this one, but it does have a foxtail on the aerial, and 8 ball valve caps, and skull inside door knobs, and a small left surfer foot for the dip switch.

It also has a gauge on the steering column that most people gloss over and don't notice it, as they assume it is a tacho although the needle is in the middle.

I usually have to point out to them to look closer.

Even then it takes a while for them to realize it is an accelerometer.

Reads in G force both negative and positive.

With a stock 21 studder, I don't get it move too much.....

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• greenhornet
                  Fort Wayne Clutch and pressure plate
                  by greenhornet
                  I question if anyone else ever received a rebuilt pressure plate from Fort Wayne for a Model A Ford and checked the clutch finger adjustment? I recently got one and was surprised to see how far off the measurement was.I really would not have even known that this measurement was off if it hadn't been written down in the Les Andrews book or the gauge that I obtained from Bratton's. Brattons gauge is...
                  01-06-2019, 09:16 AM
                • Bill CNC
                  Clutch Release Shaft Bushing Issue
                  by Bill CNC
                  Hey All, ...

I rebuilt my Trans about 200 miles ago and have been noticing my pedal getting harder to press. I pulled everything apart yet again and noticed my Clutch Release Shaft Bushing's on the lever side are walking out to the inside of the trans.

I have applied MMO to loosen things back up and I'm about to see if it's possible to shove them back into position using...
                  08-31-2019, 01:19 PM
                • Bill CNC
                  Clutch, ... only for a little bit, then nothing
                  by Bill CNC
                  Hello All,

I have a new pressure plate and clutch with about 200 miles on it. I noticed it was acting funny and started chattering so I pulled it out and saw a hot spot on the freshly resurfaced flywheel and one matching opposing spot on the pressure plate. I sanded both sides of the disc, and both the pressure plate and flywheel and put her all back together.

Now, I have...
                  10-18-2019, 07:26 PM
                • Tgenardi
                  Bad clutch??
                  by Tgenardi
                  Just purchased a 1930 Model A with a 1980 Jeep engine and 1939 transmission from what I was told. It may have an adapter between bell housing and transmission. When you put the clutch in, you can change gears, but the vehicle doesn't move. The previous owner said it just went out as she had other potential buyers test driving the vehicle. The clutch pedal is kind of soft.
                  I'm looking for some...
                  08-06-2018, 07:59 AM
                • Steve Plucker
                  Converting MD Clutch to a SD Clutch system...
                  by Steve Plucker
                  Has anyone ever converted a Multi-Disc Clutch system to a Single Disc Clutch system on a 1928 Model A/AA Ford YET maintain that 1928 look on the outside of the chassis???

If so, just what is the procedure to do so?

Could it be wrote up to include in this fourm???

Thanks.

Pluck
                  11-10-2018, 10:35 AM
                • Paul K.
                  Clutch Disc F150 3spd w/OD
                  by Paul K.
                  I need a Clutch Disc for the F150 Transmission Input Shaft. Need 9"dia, 10 teeth spline and 1 1/6" shaft to install with a Model A Clutch and Throw Out Bearing on Model A Flywheel.
                  The hole for the Torsion Spring hub on the Model A Pressure Plate is 5" dia.
                  Folks say use 86 TBird 2.3L 4cyl Turbo, but that hub is about 5 3/4" dia. Have learned that are using the...
                  03-14-2018, 03:57 PM
                • ClaudeC
                  inserting transmission into engine
                  by ClaudeC
                  Need some help inserting the transmission into my engine
                  03-12-2018, 01:54 PM
                • canadian
                  clutch adjustment.
                  by canadian
                  I have a 29 , all stock but 12 volt conversion. have just completed a 500 kilometre road test, back a year or so ago while assembling this project when it came to clutch I replaced disc and bearing . I made a finger adjustment tool as per Toms specs. everything operates smooth , no slippage . My issue is , seems like clutch pedal is off floor almost 1/2 to 3/4 of its travel to engage . by depressing...
                  06-21-2018, 06:44 PM
                • canadian
                  clutch.
                  by canadian
                  clutch, I replaced clutch /brake pedal shaft and bushings. before replacement clutch was operating ok except that pedal wasn't straight . so now pedal is squared up , but clutch pedal is almost to the top of its travel before engagement . where do I start? fingers HAD been adjusted with Toms tool and recommendations. do I have to start with fingers again? 29 .
                  04-01-2019, 03:47 PM
                • Huff
                  stiff clutch pedal
                  by Huff
                  I put A new 11" clutch and pressure plate in my 52 ford f1 and the clutch pedal pushes hard. The truck had a 11" clutch in it before and the pedal did not push hard but had bad clutch chatter.Throw out bearing is good and slides on the shaft free clutch pedal has new brass bushing every thing is lubricated all linkage is good. I would change to a 10" clutch but fly wheel is only drilled...
                  07-04-2019, 02:11 PM
                Working...
                X