making a trailer for my model T like it could have been back in the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a trailer for my model T like it could have been back in the day

Here is the start of the trailer. My T was owned by a country Doctor when it was new. He pulled a trailer on his rounds. So I.m going to make a trailer like it could have been back then. It is a Model A frame model T axle. IMG_3083.JPGIMG_3099.JPGIMG_3109.JPG

The trailer hitch is from that time period, the ball on the T is original to the car, it cost a $ 1.56. The T axle on the trailer was on a trailer at one time, it has a wooden block where the drive shaft went.
    The picture in the vice is where I rolled the pipe into the flange. I counter bored the flange about 1/4 inch deep then heated the metal and rolled it in to the counter bore.
    Last edited by George Miller; 01-13-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Good to see your feeling better George ! Can't wait to see this trailer finished
      Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Thanks I going to try 2 or 3 hours a day.

Comment

Looks great George, nice work as always. Glad to hear your doing better
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

It has been a fight but I want to win. Doing something again helps.

Comment

Got the tung mounted in the frame to day.

Comment

Finished welding the under side of the trailer today.

Comment

Put the radius rods on today. They are model A and had to be shorten I mounted them on the frame with hemi type joints. IMG_3134.JPGIMG_3133.JPG

Comment

Got it painted. now I will have to wait to get the wood to finish the box. I,m not going out tell this mess is over.

Comment

You got that right George. Keep yer Ass planted in the house or garage, and lock the doors behind ya

Stay safe buddy
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said
                      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• George Miller
                        My T coupe has a trailer hitch that was factor made by some one.
                        by George Miller
                        I have a model T rear axle that was used on a trailer many years ago. I was thinking I would make a trailer of some kind I could pull behind my T. What do you think....
                        12-31-2018, 05:30 PM
                      • Keith True
                        Odd old trailer hitches
                        by Keith True
                        These were under the back seat in a Tudor,one of the bumpers was marred up from using one.I don't think I would want to pull much with these.One is marked Acme,and the other KRW. ...
                        02-23-2019, 05:23 PM
                      • Tom Wesenberg
                        So, Just How Big a Trailer Can a Model A pull?
                        by Tom Wesenberg
                        Is this really safe to pull behind a Model A?

09-17-2017, 10:47 PM
                      • Big guy
                        Trailer recommendations
                        by Big guy
                        Guys, If I had a trailer I would be joining yawl in Branson. This brings to mind a question about trailering for long hauls. I have a 29 Tudor and wonder what minimum size enclosed trailer I should be looking for. I know most are going to say to buy the largest I can afford. Do I really need two axles? Have a great time in Mo....
                        06-22-2018, 09:30 PM
                      • Tom Rode
                        Open vs closed trailer
                        by Tom Rode
                        I am starting to look at trailers for the Roadster, I have my eye on a 6X14 open trailer at Tractor Supply, dual axle, electric brakes, 5,000 lbs load capacity. Will need to reinforce the tailgate a little, rated to 1,000 lbs and since car weighs about 2,050 lbs I figure it is likely just over 1,000 on at least one axle. But I wonder about pulling car in open trailer. I brought it home that way, on...
                        12-22-2019, 08:13 AM
                      • BNCHIEF
                        Trailer build it's complete
                        by BNCHIEF
                        Finished up my car trailer inside all the racks are in and interior finished with the interior lights installed as well.
                        09-08-2017, 05:01 AM
                      • Fishngal98
                        Antique dolly
                        by Fishngal98
                        Can anyone tell me if this dolly has anything to do with Model A or not?
                        08-11-2018, 01:48 PM
                      • Mitch
                        Woody with camper trailer
                        by Mitch
                        I was telling Jwmckenzie about this woody that was pictured in the AACA magazine.

11-14-2019, 05:49 PM
                      • Corley
                        Open trailer towing long distances
                        by Corley
                        When I bought Elvira, my 28 Tudor, I towed her about 700 miles on an open trailer. I noticed that the top material would balloon up a little bit at higher road speeds. Never towed her over about 65 max, but I noticed this occasional ballooning started as low as 50 mph at times. Maybe it was an optical illusion, after all things look closer in the mirror, right? Now I've rarely noticed any ballooning...
                        12-10-2019, 10:03 AM
                      • Jordan
                        Single Wheel Trailer
                        by Jordan
                        I have no idea if this is the appropriate place to post this or not- but there is a lot of knowledge here.

My brother and I inherited 2 single wheel allstate trailers to tow behind our Model A's. One was restored and has a wood body mounted, the other is an original metal bodied trailer. It has been taken apart to be restored, but hasn't been painted yet. I am considering selling the...
                        08-27-2019, 06:52 PM
                      Working...
                      X