Speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster

Ok, now I know this hobby is driving over the edge. I am in the market for a chassis and engine to build a speedster. Anyone have any pics of thiers?

Hey Danny a Model T speedster?
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Yes, everyone has to have a T, don't they?
      Wife rode in one last weekend on our local tour and she loved it. We hang around with the local T club as they are just up the rode from us. Trailing behind 20 Model Ts I think I caught the bug.

Comment

Hell yea!!! Hey there was a speedster thread here.
        https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...speedster-pics
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

BTW Rob Pattersons is for sale.. You'll need oars to go get it
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
            BTW Rob Pattersons is for sale.. You'll need oars to go get it
            Sorry Mitch and Danny, but someone has their wires crossed.
            I do have 2 cars for sale to make way for a Model A, but those two cars are a 1975 Triumph Dolomite Sprint and a 1955 Ford Zephyr 6.
            In order to avoid divorce proceedings, I'm hanging on to the T's.
            Cheers,
            Rob
            Attached Files
            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." "HENRY FORD
            1915 Ford "T" Speedster (Evangeline), 1921 Ford "T" Tourer (Anastasia), 1955 Ford Zephyr 6 (Purdey), 1975 Triumph Dolomite Sprint (Daisy), & a couple of moderns.

Comment

You did mention that sorry for the confusion, my mistake. Everything is for sale at the right price.. haha
              3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I got my first part, a 3” dropped front axle and a set of 26-27 spindles. Total of 4” drop. Now to find the rest of the parts!! I didn’t know I was going to do this while at Hershey couple weeks ago. Maybe a good thing.
                rootleig is gonna like me soon

Comment

Originally posted by dmdeaton View Post
                  I got my first part, a 3” dropped front axle and a set of 26-27 spindles. Total of 4” drop. Now to find the rest of the parts!! I didn’t know I was going to do this while at Hershey couple weeks ago. Maybe a good thing.
                  rootleig is gonna like me soon
                  Danny,

To get my Speedster down, I used a set of reproduction Laurel Underslung brackets, made by Bill Bohlens in LA
                  http://www.antiquetmotorsports.com/ & https://www.ebay.com/str/antiquetmotorsportsllc
                  Combined with the late model spindles, I ended up with a total drop of 6 inches at the crankhandle.

The Rootlieb product (Speedster kit) is VERY good and even considering the exchange rate and the horrendous shipping costs, very good value for money. What I like most about the kit is that no matter how far you lower your car it will fit, because it has floating inner fenders.

Cheers,
                  Rob
                  Last edited by Rob Patterson; 10-30-2019, 02:15 PM.
                  "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." "HENRY FORD
                  1915 Ford "T" Speedster (Evangeline), 1921 Ford "T" Tourer (Anastasia), 1955 Ford Zephyr 6 (Purdey), 1975 Triumph Dolomite Sprint (Daisy), & a couple of moderns.

Comment

thanks Rob, I think I will order his dropped rear crossmember. This is the only lowering part I can find that he makes

Comment

2930790l.jpg2930791l.jpg

this is what I am going to build with a few modifications and a different color.

Comment

IMG_2951.JPGIMG_2949.JPG

Comment

IMG_2952.JPG Getting ready to chop the rear of the frame and lower it!

Comment

Danny one time many years ago I took the tail end off of a 95 john deere combine we narrowed it and cut it down to make a tail end for a speedster turned out real nice but on a different front I would contact rockhill Will for help there is the best source i knowfor speedsters.

Comment

this fellow makes the body, his specialty is wood bodies. He built this speedster and added it to his catalog. I am on his list for a hood!

Comment

Had no idea anyone was doing this what a craftsman.

Comment

Can’t wait for spring

Comment

CAC0BA85-9758-40B8-9F51-92CF63C6C0A4.jpeg366870B6-76F4-458C-93C3-790CEA2C9114.jpeg

Comment

Soon as the paint drys it’s off to the races. Reminds me of an old erector set, start bolting things together. I have a few mods to make before I get it rolling. Floating hubs and disc brakes on the rear.

Comment

FB6D5295-5486-42E0-A4D4-7BB9EC8C9DAE.jpeg

Comment

A634EDE1-D99B-4C3C-ACAD-4D31F2F9FA2D.jpeg16ECE9E4-7A54-4384-AA06-1832BD24BA8D.jpeg

Comment

Little bit of progress!

Comment

Lookin good Danny
                                              3 ~ Tudor's
                                              Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Engine block is scrapper from ron’s Shop. I went picking today and brought home the old tank, a nice steering column, couple nice wishbones, and 2 front axles. Tank and block is for mockup

Comment

D33EA1FF-4793-4372-BF7D-759F3689B4C1.jpeg

Comment