Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest motor build

Just about ready to fire up!

That motor looks niceee. What are the vitals, and what is it going in?
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

B motor stipe cam and oil pump, miller head, weber carb kit (my kit as I was the first to fab it and perfect it ) jetted for the miller,s10 transmission, (also my kit) going in a 29 sedan. really wanted to use my ford f150 trans RTS conversion but the owner liked the s10

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Super impressive work, also thanks for the history lesson on the weber.

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet

To drool over for sure.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jeff/Illinois
        Kendall GT-1 Competition Motor Oils
        by Jeff/Illinois
        First off, I sincerely apologize to all for mentioning the dead horse motor oil debate or bringing it up. This is just for your own I&E.

I bought a case of this motor oil at Farm King last week for use in our '69 Mach 1 with a flat tappet cam and 11.0: 1 compression, for $4.29/quart, for an engine that NEEDS ZDDP. It is overkill for a Model A Ford. But if you are of the mindset that...
        03-03-2020, 10:48 AM
      • Jm29henry
        Motor Munster greenfield village
        by Jm29henry
        Has any one heard how motor Munster is going with the new rules?
        06-17-2017, 06:37 PM
      • dswoodh
        Float a motor kits
        by dswoodh
        Do they work? Are worth the investment?
        05-22-2020, 08:48 PM
      • gpowers
        Complete motor and transmission
        by gpowers
        I know this is probably another dumb question from a first time Model Aer but I was thinking it might be worthwhile to purchase an extra motor or transmission for spare parts if I had the opportunity. I have come across a complete motor and transmission for $300. The guy doesn't know what it came out of but says it turns over by hand. The only thing missing from the motor that I can tell from the...
        02-14-2019, 04:58 PM
      • Captndan
        motor mounts
        by Captndan
        New touring engine. original mounts float a motor?
        07-21-2019, 01:53 PM
      • 1930 Closed Cab PU
        Commercial Motor Flush
        by 1930 Closed Cab PU
        Spent a few moments on VFF looking for this subject - no luck Perhaps not using the correct search terms.

I would not ever use a commercial or home brew motor oil flush. But would like to know more.

With the A having a dipper tray some will be left in the motor, most likely not good for the bearings - I understand this.

What other bad things can happen?...
        03-29-2019, 09:04 AM
      • Leo
        Diesel Oil and The Model A Ford???
        by Leo
        There is a lot of "noise" going on at that other site regarding using diesel oil like Shell Rotella 15-40W in the Model A Ford engine. Many swear by it and others cite articles which have appeared in posts and on club sites which advise against it. However, I've yet to see a scintilla of evidence by any owners that claim an engine has actually been damaged through the use of diesel oil....
        03-26-2018, 02:29 PM
      • old31
        New type front motor mount what do you think?
        by old31
        Has anyone tried these motor mounts and if so what are your thoughts?

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/P...earchByKeyword
        07-20-2019, 07:51 AM
      • DonNettleton
        motor change for 1930 model A
        by DonNettleton
        I hope this does not get me in trouble, but i would just like to ask, has anyone installed one of the GM industrial 3.0 181 cu in four cylinder motors, that develop about 85 HP at 3,000 RPM, along with a later top shift syndrome trans (1939 ford trans) in their otherwise stock model A? if so how did it work with the stock differential, i have a 3.54 ratio. my intent is reliability and not a hot rod....
        07-20-2019, 11:07 AM
      • Apple Green Wheels Rule
        I'm feeling....mechanical!!!!
        by Apple Green Wheels Rule
        Yes.......I'm going to rebuild my windshield wiper motor. I have ordered the kit from Snyder's. Are there any tutorials available for Dummy's???? I have a restoration book but I've loaned that out at the moment.

Ed Mechanic Extraordinaire.................
        03-15-2018, 04:50 PM
      Working...
      X