• Show
Clear All

• George that is going to be so cool. Keep the pictures of progress coming
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• image_26598.pnggoing to look something like this.

Comment

• An era covered wagon. Love that idea
        Are you using T wheels?
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• My plan is to lay the tire down or put it under the trailer. Plus I will probably put a top over the box.
          No I will use 21 inch wheels like the T will have. I could use the covered wagon idea, lets have a vote.
          Also thanks to JDupuis for the pictures that I will be using to make the trailer.
          Last edited by George Miller; 10-27-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by George Miller View Post
            I could use the covered wagon idea, lets have a vote.
            I guess the covered wagon idea gives it that old school look. Whatever you decide i'm sure that it will look fantastic. Can't wait to see it completed and hooked up to the car
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• I,m really not sure which way to go. I just want it to look like it could have looked back in the day. I do remember a lot of the trailers back in the 40ts and 50ts had the side boards on a angle like the picture.

Comment

• I finally got back to working on the T today. Got the speedo all set up.
                Last edited by George Miller; 12-03-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• been a little under the weather, hope to get back on the trailer soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by George Miller View Post
                    been a little under the weather, hope to get back on the trailer soon.
                    Feel better soon George.
                    3 ~ Tudor's
                    Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• X2 on Mitch's comment.
                      "We are all born ignorant, but one must work very hard to remain stupid".
                      - Ben Franklin

Comment

• Just got the horn on yesterday.
                        I found out this morning that I have to take my T to get inspected. They use to make house calls. So now I will have to ask my Son if I can borrow the car trailer. They sure do make it hard for the ones paying taxes.

Comment

• Very outstanding progress. It took me a couple days of here and there to get up to speed, but I love the result. Especially with the pull behind. That just gives it that little touch of originality. Much props on the build!

Comment

• You wouldn't believe the bs i went thru on a newly constructed car trailer.

Comment

• the last car I did they came out inspected it, then came back with a number and installed that. All in a few days.
                              I wanted to tell the guy on the phone how I felt , but I would be in trouble when I take the T in for inspection.

Comment

• All the paper work is stuck at DMV, who knows when it will get through the system. I did every think they said to do but you still have to wait.
                                I put the floor matt in the trunk yesterday. I,m ready to try it out.

Comment

• Over six weeks when i built my trailer

Comment

• Well I got the trailer painted, but can not do any more tell I get the wood. With the stay home order it is not going to happen for a while.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Terry, NJ
                                      Voted today! (Pennsylvania)
                                      by Terry, NJ
                                      For some silly reason I like to take my coupe to the polls! Don't know why, I guess it just seems more patriotic or something. Of course, everyone there waves or points, lotsa smiles from everyone. It adds a little pleasure to an otherwise serious duty.
                                      Terry
                                      05-15-2018, 12:28 PM
                                    • Fixitphil
                                      Why a Model A
                                      by Fixitphil
                                      The reason I bought my 1931 Sport Coupe was that I've always had a yearn to own another one. I bought this one at age 77 as a hobby for my retirement years. I've owned "Baby" for 6 months and hope to have the restoration done in another couple of months.
                                      My parents always talked of the good ole days and the Model A was always in the conversation.
                                      I owned a Tudor in High School,...
                                      10-10-2017, 08:01 AM
                                    • 28A
                                      Cool Model T video
                                      by 28A
                                      Ok ok I know it’s a model T but I think there’s an A in there. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0U31vL8s-uE&t=323s
                                      07-22-2018, 08:09 PM
                                    • copgib
                                      Thought I would share today
                                      by copgib
                                      This morning I got up and went to my workshop to work on the radiator shell. I must admit, putting the welting on it and them mounting it back onto the new radiator was time consuming and a pain in the ahole at times. Once done I ran my Model A for about 20-minutes and to me sounds pretty good. I took a video of it running on my cell phone. Hugh
                                      08-08-2018, 01:37 PM
                                    • Captndan
                                      I quit!
                                      by Captndan
                                      This has not been a good start to a new year. I refuse to go another year not feeling good about things I once loved. So, old tractors and Chryslers gotta go. Nothing but Model A’s for the remainder of my life. I feel better already....
                                      01-03-2018, 08:52 AM
                                    • Fourdy
                                      1924 Frame up build
                                      by Fourdy
                                      09-02-2018, 07:12 PM
                                    • copgib
                                      Progress on Model A
                                      by copgib
                                      Well today I got some good news and some bad news. As most of you know, my Model A is sitting in my mechanics garage in Texas. I am in Florida, so I have to communicate through my brother who is getting things done for me there. Today I was told my mechanic got the loaner engine put into my Model A. Once he had the motor in, he noticed the distributor didn't look quite right. My mechanic states it...
                                      02-21-2018, 08:00 PM
                                    • Tod Buttermore
                                      Tod Buttermore’s new Model A engine videos and more
                                      by Tod Buttermore
                                      New Model A Engine Pour

Here is one of the first pour and basic machining.

Tod...
                                      05-28-2018, 08:19 AM
                                    • Tony Hillyard
                                      Happy Easter
                                      by Tony Hillyard
                                      Good morning everyone,

A Happy Easter to you and your families.

I have been watching various forums over the years and one thing that keeps popping up is setting the ignition timing on Model A's. Perhaps partly because it is often difficult to visualise the instructions when written down. I know I prefer to watch someone do something rather than try and follow a text....
                                      03-31-2018, 01:45 AM
                                    • Tony Hillyard
                                      Ignition Timing how to Video by Tony Hillyard
                                      by Tony Hillyard
                                      Good morning everyone,

A Happy Easter to you and your families.

I have been watching various forums over the years and one thing that keeps popping up is setting the ignition timing on Model A's. Perhaps partly because it is often difficult to visualise the instructions when written down. I know I prefer to watch someone do something rather than try and follow a text....
                                      03-31-2018, 01:45 AM
                                    Working...
                                    X