48 Ford Chopped top Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Ford Chopped top Coupe

My brother traded for this old custom about 2 months before he passed away , left it to me . needed a lot of small fixes . but drives good , enjoyable , gets a lot of attention . has a 47 Olds grille , 40 Buick tail lamps , tuck & roll etc.

Very neat Dave.

What engine ?

Comment

That is a sweet ride ya got there Dave.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dave. That is a beautiful ride
        What did he trade for it?
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Nice ride Dave. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by pooch View Post
            Very neat Dave.

What engine ?
            Small Block Chev / TH400 Trans.

Mitch = He traded a Toyota Tundra P.U. for the 48

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jim Mason
              Dave Cella's VE Coupe
              by Jim Mason
              Was there a write up of Dave's henry coupe in MAN? if so which issue?
              02-20-2019, 04:46 PM
            • Mark Maron
              Jay Pearcy passed away.
              by Mark Maron
              I just received word that Jay Pearcy from Texas has passed away. He had a Copra & Chicle Coupe that he enter in fine-point and won a Henry with it....
              10-28-2017, 01:09 PM
            • Rowdy
              29 Special Coupe Roof
              by Rowdy
              Is the roof panel above the door norrower or wider than the panel above the door than that of a tudor? Looking for these panels for my Dads special coupe and a friend called me and the right side he bought for his tudor is narrower than what he needs. Hoping it is the right width for the special coupe and I can trade him for the one I have for a tudor. For some reason I was thinking the one for the...
              09-26-2017, 12:21 PM
            • Ray Horton
              Top dressing
              by Ray Horton
              I have thought about renewing the top sealant on my 29 business coupe, but given that it is only a single thickness of fabric, I am concerned about the chemical odor permeating the interior of the car and making it unpleasant or even unhealthy. Can anyone advise me what they have used on older sport coupe and business coupe tops, and has odor been a problem?
              07-15-2017, 09:55 AM
            • DaWizard
              Who knows about the Sport Coupe?
              by DaWizard
              Now, when I was younger, my first A was a '30 Sport Coupe, but all I really remember about it was it had some vinyl seat cover material for a roof.

Today I was working on an Aug '28 Sport Coupe and noticed something I had not remembered about my first one. It seems that the "Special Coupe" wasn't the only model to have a removable beltline. Can any of you out there in Model
              01-05-2018, 10:36 PM
            • tbirdtbird
              Had a nice visit from Bill Lee today
              by tbirdtbird
              It is always nice to put a face to a name, and Bill is most pleasant and knowledgeable. He was here for 3 hrs and we discussed mostly paint and body work. I was impressed with the baseline knowledge he had going into the discussions, and I was also impressed that he already knew of Ospho and has used it. We learned a lot from each other.
              Dave
              09-11-2018, 01:30 PM
            • Mitch
              With much sadness
              by Mitch
              I would like to send out sincere condolences from the VFF family to our brother Dave. Dave's (tbirdtbird) wife and best friend Rosemary passed away today after a courageous battle with cancer. She accompanied Dave to all the meets and tours and really enjoyed being around the Model A's and cars in general.
              Rest In Peace Rosemary.

God Bless

Mitch

05-22-2018, 03:40 PM
            • sinbad339
              '30 Sport Coupe Rear Window won't stay up
              by sinbad339
              Long time lurker here and just recently joined. I have a '30 Sport Coupe, and one issue I have has to do with the rear window. When I "secure" the window flap up (during hot weather or with someone in the rumble seat), it won't stay up as I drive over normal road bumps. With the weight of the glass, it is soon falling down on top of my head.

The car seems to have the correct...
              02-14-2019, 01:23 PM
            • Dave in MD
              Looking For Owners of 1928 Standard Coupes
              by Dave in MD
              We are looking for owners of 1928 Standards Coupes to help with some research on the assembly plant production numbers. Ford made the standards from November 1927 until early July 1928 and we are trying to find what production numbers (specifically the letter codes) were used on the front body cross member.
              Many thanks,
              Dave
              01-07-2019, 03:44 PM
            • carolinamudwalker
              Sport coupe Top
              by carolinamudwalker
              Ok, I probably am not using the search option properly. (whats new) Could not find anything on replacing the top on a sport coup. My question is: Can the outer fabric be replaced without removing the entire top?
              02-08-2019, 12:58 PM
            Working...
            X