My one off 33 Vicky C400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My one off 33 Vicky C400

My 33 Fordor was bulldozed into a ravine in northern Nevada sometime in the 50's or 60's , back then it was during small town cleanup campaigns . I brought it home in 1981, 4 years later I had it ready to paint and put together as a stock Fordor , then a divorce happened ,I got the kids and she hit the road. So my project went on the back burner until 1999 when the kids went out on their own ,I decided to cut it up and make a one of a kind Victoria C400, I finished the project in 2004.

Looks real neat Dave, and something different.

I don't know much about C400/s.

So it has a soft top now that folds back into that rear cover?

And is that the back window/body part that is now grafted into the lower rear ?

Comment

Well, I for one think you did one hell of a job!!

I think a '33 C400 should have been made anyway.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by pooch View Post
        Looks real neat Dave, and something different.

I don't know much about C400/s.

So it has a soft top now that folds back into that rear cover?

And is that the back window/body part that is now grafted into the lower rear ?
        Yes the Convertible Top is stored under the boot ( rear cover ) , and the Rear Body Panel ( Trunk Opening ) was the Original Rear portion of the Roof opening , the piece directly above the original rear window is now Inverted and is the rear Pkg. Shelf ( see pics ) the decklid opens by pulling up on the handle you see in the pkg. shelf. Thank you for asking.

Comment

Wow, that's an amazing transformation. Excellent cratsmanship
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks for joining VFF and for posting Dave.

We love anything and everything Ford here.

I googled 1933 C400 images and yours was first up.

I read your whole story on this car.

I liked the part where you explained how you addressed some of the reasons why Ford dropped this model in 32, very interesting.

It certainly does look like something that Ford would have built .

And what makes it extra special, you did not top chop it, so it retains the classic look.

( No chin on the dash at a red light haha..)

Well done.

Comment

Hey Dave, there were more cars in the background.

Any of these current or future projects?

Comment

Hey Dave, there were more cars in the background.

Any of these current or future projects?
                the 33 three window was mine ( sold ) The 32 Three window was a customers car , I filled the roof and repaired some sheet metal on that...I still have the 29 Business Coupe , the 33 Fordor against the wall was a parts donor, I needed the B Pillar for my 33 Fordor , used one cowl side panel on a coupe that was hit hard, still have a good right side cowl panel from that one. the 56 Ford truck on the left was my Brothers' P.U.

Comment

Nice indian too.

Is the 29 a stocker or modified?

Comment

Nice indian too.

Is the 29 a stocker or modified?
                    29 is a matching numbers semi stocker , has juice brakes , F1 Steering box and 12 volt alternator, The 48 INDIAN was a Customers bike , I often worked on them as I do Lead work , and those old bikes are soldered together , I split the tanks ,repair the metal and reassemble as original.

Comment

Nice Dave
                      We talk juice brakes, alt's and f1 boxes in the stock area too. Being able to do lead work is a lost art
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said
                      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Dave, if you have time , I am sure everyone would like to see an article on how to lead wipe.

When I started out, it was bondo, but an older guy said some used to use cement !!!

Musta been backyard guys back then too.

Comment

Dave, if you have time , I am sure everyone would like to see an article on how to lead wipe.

When I started out, it was bondo, but an older guy said some used to use cement !!!

Musta been backyard guys back then too.
                          I do not have the literary skills required to thoroughly explain the process , too many variables .although , I am sure someone , maybe Eastwood ? provides a booklet that outlines it pretty well . I worked with my Dad who actually straightened the metal , no filler required unless absolutely necessary. also worked with other Old guys when I was young and picked up more knowledge by watching the guys who knew the old ways of getting it done . I still metal finish everything if possible as it is usually much faster than bondo work . not that I don't know how to use bondo , after I have sprayed and blocksanded the epoxy primer I might use a little bondo to fill gouges etc. Here is a picture of my Dad @ 83 years old picking & filing on a Model "A" Quarter panel . He passed away in 2009 , sure miss him , I have questions everyday he could've answered.

Comment

• Mitch
                            Mitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Your father did a good job passing his skills on to you. Thanks for sharing

Looks like your Dad is using one of those large horseshoe shaped pickers.

Nice tool.

Comment

Looks like your Dad is using one of those large horseshoe shaped pickers.

Nice tool.
                            The Tool is called " BULLSEYE " they still sell them , but you have to add the return spring and stop , as the New Company that produces them , left the " Spring and the Stop " off their version , otherwise same as the Old Originals. I make different tips for it , see pics

Comment