Outstanding Forum for this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outstanding Forum for this!!!

First let me start by saying I am a Fine Pointer scoring 494 points on our roadster, Asst. head judge in Branson, a National Judge and member of the JSC for MARC.. As i am by nature a purist I personally am thrilled to see a forum like this..KUDOS to you Mitch...Bottom line is that it is new and different and for those that choose modification good for you. I feel anything done to a car that is tasteful, well done should be appreciated by any car enthusiast or Model A Fan.....As many of us don't "approve" of it, who are we to determine what is approved and not on another persons car as their hard work and dedication to the car hobby goes without saying, is excellent. They put in the same about of passion that we as purists do and should not be judged for that...I think this is a good place to discuss for them and again I feel this is just another excellent forum on an excellent site! Remember...Dont open the door if you don't want to go in!

I'd been hoping for a way to allow you high point guys to not be botherred by those wishing to discuss modifying stuff. I'm hoping this might be it. I have gotten a bit tired of the back and forth by several on "keep it original" or "make it your own", and I've gotten several nasty emails from the purists when suggesting various modifications, so this separation might be the answer for all.

I know that we are all good decent guys and car lovers, we just have different goals at times. So here's hoping we can all get along better in the future, without all the drama. Thanks to all involved in making this come to life, especially Mitch. I look forward to fun times!
    CB the Wonderful

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll toast to that. Cheers

• Mark Maron
      Mark Maron commented
      Editing a comment
      "high point guys to not be botherred by those wishing to discuss modifying stuff". BULL CRAP!! Im telling you clearly...Its your Car..and you enjoy it anyway you want to!!! PERIOD!! Like I said it does NOT matter at all what I think about your um, um, air conditioning, or step plates or radio..ITS YOUR CAR!!!! that IS THE BOTTOM LINE here...We are all adults and do what we want to..SURE I want to see cars kept originals BUT on the other side i don't want to see the crusher get them either....what ever your doing you keep doing it...KUDOS to you...

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      This would have never of happened without pooch. The right guy came along at the right time.

• BNCHIEF
      BNCHIEF commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't forget the oil filter mod you showed us Mark, great tech thread by the way.

thanks Pooch

Comment

• pooch
      pooch commented
      Editing a comment
      A big thankyou to Mitch, I have only just walked in the door and saw how liberal this place sounded, so I hit him up with the possibility of a modifed forum and he said YEAH....

And I am also flattered that a fine point judge with a 494 pointer comes in and praises us.

Thanks Mark and Corley