X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Rules and Limitations

Hi everyone!

Welcome to this exciting new section of the VFF for all modified Fords, from the Model T to the Y block era .
    This is where we can talk about and show our builds, and throw around our ideas.
    Everything from mild to wild is welcome here. Ratrods to Restorods, and everything in between.

Here, we respect original
    sheet metal. So please, no showing or pictures of current top chopping, sectioning or butchering of any original Ford exterior sheet metal.
    If you have already done this or have acquired your car like this,
    you and your car are still welcome.

Just PLEASE don't show us or tell us about your current sawzall skills.

If you have to chop, then show us only after it is done.

Acceptable body mods as an example are, firewall, dash, door locks, fitting a 32 grille to a Model A, different tail lights, lowering and/or raking of open car windshields,dechroming and/or shaving of door handles on a shoebox, etc.

Mods to chassis, changes of engine, speed equipment, drivetrains, wheels, interiors, steering columns etc. are all welcome. This is what makes our hotrods unique!

The Projects section is where you can show your
    projects that you are currently building or have built so others may get guidance and/or ideas.

You can even start a project topic with a single part and a vision as to what it will be, and edit and add more as you progress.

Please post your for sale and wanted items in the Modified Classifieds forum only.

Have fun and remember, everyone likes pics!
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Mitch,

I would like to be the first one to congratulate you on this endeavour.

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      OZ Model A Junkie

hahaah

Thanks Keith

It's only right that you make the first post here.

The modified crowd now has a new home right here on the VFF. Lets get this new place burnin!

Thank you for all your help and guidance.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
      So please, no current top chopping, sectioning or butchering of any original Ford exterior sheet metal.If you have already done this or have acquired your car like this, PLEASE don't show us or tell us about your current sawzall skills.

It will be interesting to see if this restriction makes sense for this section, given that most Ratrods and Restorods do have some metal slashing and bashing. But, regardless, thanks for adding this section, which I think will be very interesting when it catches on.

Last edited by Corley; 06-03-2018, 02:48 PM.
      CB the Wonderful

Comment

• pooch
        pooch commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Corley,

yes, lots of ratrods are chopped /sectioned/channeled, and if they are already done, then it is too late.

All we ask here is, if you are currently doing the above mods to your car, just do not show us you doing it in the process.

What is seen can't be unseen.

Show us everything else of the building process but not the actual in process sawzall job.

But even though we don't like nor condone "extensive" modifying of external sheetmetal, we will welcome your car into this community.

A hotrodder is a builder of the whole car , not just a shiny painter, so
        we do not just want the car here, we also want his/her personality and
        input.

Have fun.

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said Pooch.

7EA55E20-918B-472D-ACBE-96A4E1FA8A37.jpeg Does my roadster fit in with the guidlines?

John

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey lets not worry so much about these guidelines. When something out of character gets posted the person will know it.

John very sweet

• pooch
        pooch commented
        Editing a comment
        gday John,

your roadster is real sweet.

Only problem is, we cannot see it all.

Make a thread and whack some pics up !!!!!!

Thanks Mitch.

Comment

Hey Mitch , I want to thank you for all the Expert Advice on getting my A up and running. With out your passion for the VFF a lot of car guys would be missing out. I knew absolutely zero about these vehicles , and several years later I found myself helping and sharing my knowledge I inherited from VFF and its members. Truly a top choice service. Unfortunately for me , location for parts, service of engine/transmission components are non existent, funding a hobby by waiting sometimes for months isn't fun anymore....but...I am proud to drag my sorry ass over to VFF Modified section, no sheet metal changes , no chopping ...

Comment

Originally posted by canadian View Post
          I am proud to drag my sorry ass over to VFF Modified section,
          I think I can speak for most here and say, that no mater which section of the VFF you find your self in, you are always part of the family!
          You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post

I think I can speak for most here and say, that no mater which section of the VFF you find your self in, you are always part of the family!
            From the 40 MPH club to the 80 MPH club .

Comment