modern drivetrain in a 35 PickUp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modern drivetrain in a 35 PickUp

Hello Folks, I have a 35 Ford Pickup. Frame was boxed, Mustang II has been installed and 95 Mustang 7.5 rear end with 4 link and Coil overs was installed before I got it. It was set up with Motor mounts for a 302. That can be changed. Question is can I install a V6 EcoBoost w/ auto Tran. drive train. it came with nothing. i am building a daily/weekend driver for me not a race car but reliable. old look new ride. i welcome any input from those who have done this before.

Welcome to the VFF Robbo!
    I don't see any reason why You couldn’t build the truck that way.
    It would have plenty of power, and be fuel efficient.

Please post pictures. We love pictures!
    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Hey Robbo WELCOME to the VFF!!

Anything is possible, but if I were to do anything other than stock I would pull the body and refit the build around the new drivetrain. If you don't, fenders will get bent or scratched, the floor pans will always get in the way, and you will need to lay on your back to get dimensions and fitting.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

throw a 302 with an auto trans and go! you will save a lot of $ and headaches.

Comment

Definitely need to post pics!!!

Comment

The limit is infinity. But, being reasonable is a smart move. Your choice will work, but you will have a computer to deal with, and it can be a real hassle unless you are very savy to that specific engine/trans ecu. Most elect to stick with an old school non-ecu combo. Much simpler.
            CB the Wonderful

Comment

Hi, and welcome to the modified forum here.

I have a 28 pickup with a computer V6 in mine.

Albeit it is Aussie commodore, so it may be different from your source, I have 3 A/s, 2 with V6. and both running original oval speedos from a T5 and sending pulses to the computer with a pass thru pulse generater /cable adapter.

Both good cruisers.

The other is a 21 stud sidevalve so that don't need no stinking computer.....

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Gary401/2 Pickup
                '41 Pickup woes
                by Gary401/2 Pickup
                Need help with the following issue : My pickup starts fine and will run for 25 minutes or so and then kill . I believe it is an electrical issue because the ballast resistor that I installed between the coil gets very hot and I am guessing that it is causing a drop in coil voltage . If the truck sits for 30 - 45 minutes , it starts no problem . I changed the system to 12V neg ground and added an alternator...
                08-14-2019, 07:52 AM
              • Vetteboy55
                My Pickup
                by Vetteboy55
                Thanks for letting me join
                10-22-2019, 07:22 PM
              • Jeff/Illinois
                Model A Wreckers
                by Jeff/Illinois
                Sure seems to be a lot of them showing up the last couple of years at the car auctions. Wonder if it's mainly the same guy doing these! This one coming up at the Monterrey Mecum sale.

I'm sure they used AA trucks for wrecker duty more than they would have a pickup. Pictures I've seen of Ford 'Service Cars' that the dealerships used were never a Model A they were set on the big wheelbase...
                07-23-2018, 01:57 PM
              • George Miller
                1930 Model A pickup made from parts.
                by George Miller
                Made this truck from parts. This is a 1930 pickup made from parts. It had 327 chev with power glide. I really like this truck. One of my favorites. It was built in the early 80ts...
                06-10-2018, 12:33 PM
              • 1930 Closed Cab PU
                New Member Intro
                by 1930 Closed Cab PU
                My 1st Post, Am just saying Hi. Am recently new on VFF, been lurking for a couple months, occasionally logging in and trying to get used to this site.

I have a late 1930 Closed Cab Pickup, inherited in 2011.

If you want to know more, click user name and check out my personal info....
                01-15-2019, 12:35 PM
              • warren713
                Model T Holley G carburetor Idler pickup tube
                by warren713
                I'm rebuilding my holley g (1915 T)and find that the screw that holds the idler pickup tube in place appears to be striped - anyone have a source for this part? (if I try to remove it, it may not be replaceable) It is necessary to remove this tube to remove seat
                11-04-2018, 02:03 PM
              • gmcole
                1950 Ford F1
                by gmcole
                Howdy! I recently acquired a 1950 Ford F1 pickup. It was running when my dad drove it into the barn and left it several years ago. I am doing my best to get it back into running shape but having a few problems. Wondering if anyone is local to the Dallas area (Garland in particular) and could recommend someone experienced with the old trucks. Found one guy who said "sure, just leave me the...
                08-13-2019, 07:04 PM
              • Rob Patterson
                Your advice on what I should look for please?
                by Rob Patterson
                Hi,
                I've been a Model 'T'er for nearly 30 years.
                My wife and I have a very nice Canadian built '21 with an Australian built 3 door touring body on it, that we restored several years ago. Its been in our family since 1964....but that's another story. I am also nearing the completion of a 1915 T Speedster I've built from bits n pieces.....also another story, but at least now you'll get the...
                11-11-2018, 03:26 PM
              • dmdeaton
                Hauling Bodies in a Pickup
                by dmdeaton
                I know a tudor wont fit between wheel wells in a pickup bed. Just wondering if anyone has tried rigging one down in the back of a modern pickup truck? I am just thinking out loud since I am in the market for a body. I am trying to find on in my area, but keep running across deals across the states. I am trying to hold off till next Hershey.
                12-10-2017, 08:04 AM
              • Jim Baskin III
                From Builder to Caretaker
                by Jim Baskin III
                This story starts out with me looking for a pickup for a club member.I showed him George Millers truck but it was to modified for him.I can appreciate a purist.

So in the meantime we found a pickup for him and he is delighted with it.And after my wife seen Toms pickup she fell in love with it.Moving forward I showed her Georges pickup and after explaining all the things he did to the...
                10-19-2019, 07:32 AM
              Working...
              X