See less

Barn find!!! Need advice!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always keep your original everything you can. Original paint is the best even if worn in some spots. To repaint is to spoil the car.
    Clean the grim and dust off with a good soap then rinse and dry. Then spray on Gibbs oil. this will give yur car a new car shin and protect and exposed metal if there are defect in the paint. The oil is easily cleaned off with soap and water. If your original paint is in great shape then you may want to clean and wax afterward. My car needs the gibbs oil because the paint is scratched and the gibbs oil fills in the scratches.

Comment

I agree with the idea of original. It’s a patina look that is not easily duplicated.
      Can you guide me a little more on the Gibbs oil? I can’t seem to find anything that would be along the lines of what you’re describing. Only Joe Gibbs racing oil

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Gibbs-Brand-L...enetrating+oil

Comment

I told some guy about this oil and he put it on his dash board, and said his car looks like it has a brand new dash now.

Comment

I usually get it on Amazon...It is not sold locally in stores like home depot and lowes. So you will have to shop around on the internet. Worth getting, protects your car.

Comment

Also, I know you are not ready to buy tires especially since you have so many spares, But the authentic tires in 1934 were considerably thinner than antique tires sold today. In fact, I only found one make that make the true tire. This is important because your car has no power steering and a wider tire will be hard to turn and the car will drive like a tow truck unless you use the proper thinner tire.

Comment

Haahaaaha!!!!!
                Oh I’ve got plenty of spares. Claude.....
                Thanks for all the great info brah!!!!!
                I’m falling in love with this car. I hope something changes and I get to keep it for a while. At least long enough to take it to a few car shows. I’ve been slammed so I haven’t started any progress yet but when I do I’ll share everything as it happens
                Thanks again everybody!

Comment

Keep us posted with lot's of pics
                  2 1930 Tudors

Henry Ford said
                  "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Gentlemen ....I’ve been slammed with work but I found the right mechanic to help me get this jewel running. Not sure when but hopefully soon
                    I’ll keep you posted

Comment

Well.....this mechanic I found can’t seem to find time to come help me so I’m the mechanic now I guess. I’ve sprayed penetrating lube on the plugs about a week ago and just got back in town. Fixing to take the plugs out and pour marvel in the cylinders. What system does the electrical run on? 6 volt or 12?
                      thanks guys!

Comment

IF the car is as it was produced, it is 6v Pos chassis.

I would say your best bet is to lift up the floorboard and check to see what it has for a battery and which terminal goes to chassis.
                        VFF Recruiter

YOU JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

"Individual Results May Vary"

Comment

Thanks Wizzard!
                          There is no battery in the tray under the floor board. Some point it must have been taken out.
                          This thing appears to be untouched

Comment

Well, you might find a farm equipment store and get a 6v battery for that tray. It was positive chassis as it came from the factory, and at a glance it looks like it has not been "modernized". Now, I don't remember which battery size was used in it, I would measure the tray size and find something that fits.

Also, not knowing what fuel was left in it, I would seek a rebuild kit for that fuel pump, which is right behind the carburetor. It was made to suck the fuel up from the tank, so it needs to be in top shape.
                            VFF Recruiter

YOU JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID!!

"Individual Results May Vary"

Comment

May I add my Welcome to the VFF Matt. Great find. I hope you will be able to keep and preserve this rare find.
                              I'm envious! Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the advice Dizzy.
                                I’m sure I’ll find a battery that will fit it somewhere.
                                Also thanks for the welcome Jeff
                                I knew once I found this forum that everyone here would appreciate the car and give me the advice I need to take care of the car the right way
                                ill keep you guys posted

Comment

Working...
                                X