rebuilding 1933/34 fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuilding 1933/34 fuel pump

I want to install a new diaphragm in my 1934 fuel pump. I have the pump in two sections but need help in getting the old diaphragm out. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ClaudeC; 03-24-2018, 12:17 PM.

Got it.....The 1/4 diameter pin comes out and whole thing comes apart

Comment

Getting ready after cleaning to reassemble the fuel pump. Should the metal edges of the pump be coated with something, perhaps grease, before reassemble? Or does the rubber diaphragm against the metal rim of the pump make sound enough contact, especially after fuel is present?

Comment

Claude, I think you need to leave those edges dry so when the diaphragm begins flexing it doesn't pull out of the clamping action.
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Grease may attack the rubber... Do it dry
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Does anyone know of good sources for the small o rings for the input and out put fuel. They sell these in a 60 dollar rebuild kit that costs more than the fuel pump itself. I already purchased the diaphram and gaskets but need these two o rings.

Comment

Harbor freight has an assortment of 400 O rings for 7 dollars...worth a shot.

Comment

I have both of those HF kits. The red box are standard sizes and the blue is metric. For the money buy both of them.
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said
                "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

thanks

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
                    identifying true 1934 v8 fuel pump
                    by ClaudeC
                    My fuel pump has the number 523307 stamped on it and the sediment drain is only a screw and not a wing nut type? Any ideas?
                    03-26-2018, 12:01 PM
                  • Beauford
                    Fuel Pump
                    by Beauford
                    I run a stock '29 RPU and due to a hole in original tank I am running a tank in the bed of the truck. I had a cheap in line pump that died after 150 miles so stepped up to a Carter P4259. It works great but is noisy as hell. Any way to quiet this pump down??
                    11-11-2018, 05:13 PM
                  • ClaudeC
                    installing oil pump into a 1933 v8 block
                    by ClaudeC
                    Are there any special techniques needed to make sure the pump gear is properly meshing with the cam. The pump seems to go all the way in so that the pump base and screw sit flat against the block. Any thing else I need to do before I install the pan?
                    10-01-2018, 08:34 PM
                  • ClaudeC
                    not sure my 1933 rebuilt fuel pump is working
                    by ClaudeC
                    What is the simplest way to check it
                    07-10-2018, 02:52 PM
                  • Beauford
                    Wiring inline fuel pump and electronic fuel valve.
                    by Beauford
                    So until I can buy another tank I have a T'ish cylinder tank in the bed of truck. I have mounted the tank and have secured the fuel pump on pass frame channel close to tank as possible underneath. I have a 30amp inline fuse off the "-" side of battery to the fuel pump and grounded fuel pump. I will later tonight mount cutoff fuel valve near carb inside frame and I have a toggle switch to...
                    08-04-2018, 05:19 PM
                  • Towd56
                    Glass fuel bowl with fuel pump
                    by Towd56
                    can you use the glass fuel bowl if you are using a fuel pump installed BEFORE the fuel bowl. Or do you install the pump after?...
                    05-04-2017, 09:30 PM
                  • ClaudeC
                    1933/34 v8 oil pump gears
                    by ClaudeC
                    There are two large gears in the bottom portion/cup with screen of the 1933/34 v8 oil pump. One of the gears is attached to the pump shaft, the other gear drops out when dismantling the pump. When installing the second gear back in sinc with the shaft gear, Is there a preferred orientation?
                    09-30-2018, 01:23 PM
                  • thom
                    V8 water pump?
                    by thom
                    I know that the parts vendors offer adapters to use V8 water pumps on our As. What are the advantages? I might need a pump soon. Does the conversion solve the end clearance problem with stock A pumps? Thanks.
                    10-13-2019, 08:30 AM
                  • DaWizard
                    '32 fuel pump assembly diagram
                    by DaWizard
                    Anyone know where I can find a basic assembly diagram for the '32 B fuel pump?...
                    05-31-2019, 08:33 PM
                  • copgib
                    Water Flushing Pump
                    by copgib
                    Can someone who used a sump pump to flush there engines out for rust tell me what size motor your pump had. If I go this route I want to be sure it will be powerful enough to do the job. Thanks
                    07-18-2018, 08:13 PM
                  Working...
                  X