1933 distributor cap, retaining clip and gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 distributor cap, retaining clip and gasket

What type of retaining clip is used to hold this end in place and what type of gasket was originally used? Rubber or cork?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Cork was the gasket. They are retained by a wire bail.

Comment

See arrow..This end is purposely indented behind tip, as if something goes here, what?

Comment

Here is the bail clip.
        http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/F...-12144bail.jpg

Look around at all the links posted in the tech area. Lots of pictures and information is in there
        3~ Tudor's & 1~ Coupe
        Henry Ford said,
        "It's all nuts and bolts"
        "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Here is the gasket set for the distributor..Are these tiny donut gaskets for the ends of the caps? The locations of some of these gaskets are obvious, but the smaller ones are not? Can someone ID where each of these smaller gaskets go?

Comment

From van Pelts

Comment

Ford went to great lengths to make the ignition system water proof. You will find it difficult if using all the Ford gaskets, to get it all in place. The result of years of pot metal expansion, and tolerances of repo parts being a little off. It can be done with some fitting and patience. My experience is a lot of people don't use any of the gaskets on their daily drivers, as few of us drive our cars in bad weather.

Comment

Thanks..Good to know. You are right, few people drive our old cars in the rain.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• 4port
                  Late 31 Stant radiator cap
                  by 4port
                  Per the Judging Standards, the late 31 Stant radiator cap has a patent number stamping and a fine knurl of 24 per inch. Also it is stated that all 30-31 caps have a Garlock dark grey gasket. I do not have an early Stant cap for comparison as both these caps have the patent number but one gasket is red. I will also note that it looks like they are riveted together with the gasket sandwiched in place...
                  This gallery has 3 photos.
                  12-23-2018, 12:07 PM
                • ClaudeC
                  1933/1934 v8 intake gasket
                  by ClaudeC
                  Is this gasket just bolted down without any gasket maker application?
                  02-19-2018, 07:55 PM
                • Mickey
                  Carburetor gasket
                  by Mickey
                  Can I reuse a paper carburetor gasket with just a little sealer?
                  10-02-2018, 08:13 AM
                • rheacox
                  Has anyone used this head gasket?
                  by rheacox
                  As some might know I have a head gasket job in my near future and up to this point have thought that the Best 573(C or G) was the optimal gasket for my Snyder 5.5 head.

However, I just saw this, https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/P...earchByKeyword on their site. The picture appears to have the BEST name stamped on the gasket but...
                  06-03-2019, 10:25 AM
                • fmr187
                  torque tube to rear end gasket
                  by fmr187
                  The torque tube gasket to the rear end has a slot in one spot. Why? I can see nothing for the slot to fit over. Am I missing something? And does it matter which way that gasket is put on?
                  09-07-2019, 05:27 PM
                • carolinamudwalker
                  glass fuel bole gasket
                  by carolinamudwalker
                  Didn't I just see something about the fuel bole gasket? I tried a search but nothing came up. I was changing the filter and the rubber gasket is so swollen it will go back in. Yet Bratton's catalog says the neoprene gasket is better than the cork....
                  01-30-2018, 02:03 PM
                • ClaudeC
                  permatex gasket maker copper spray application
                  by ClaudeC
                  Soon I will be installing my aluminum heads. Using graphite head gaskets. I was told to spray the head gasket with permatex Copper gasket maker. When I cover the head gasket with copper gasket maker, should I wait for the spray to dry before installing?
                  If I install it wet it may create a mess, but it would seem that is the best way? Any used this stuff before? What did you do?
                  02-16-2018, 05:54 PM
                • WMWS
                  Head Gasket
                  by WMWS
                  I am getting ready to replace my head gasket. I know you all like the Best brand but which one. The copper 509C or the Graph tite 509G. Bratton's seams to like the Graph Tite 509G. Their number is 8081. I don't want the problem of having it stick to the block if I have to ever replace it again. What do you all recommend....
                  05-25-2019, 06:33 PM
                • plyfor
                  Oil Pan Gasket Leaks-- Gasket brand suggestions, experiences requested
                  by plyfor
                  Just tried the Snyder's "no seal" oil pan gasket.We used no sealer as instructed. It seems to work ok on the sides at about 6 to 7'# of bolt torque but can't get the rear " no seal" bearing piece from the kit to seal well. Should we go to the thinner Fel Pro type composition/cork gasket all around and /or just for the rear bearing cap? The front teflon rope doesn't seal well either...
                  08-11-2017, 12:17 PM
                • 1930artdeco
                  another HG question
                  by 1930artdeco
                  Since I am on a role with starting rows when it comes to head gaskets I thought I keep going:rolling. I just ordered a Best 573 Copper gasket and remember seeing something on the other sire about putting a very thin wire between 1/2 and 3/4 cylinders to beef up that portion of the gasket so it doesn't blow there. Is this worth it or should I just keep doing the retorques?

Mike
                  02-06-2019, 01:51 PM
                Working...
                X