Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 v8 distributor Plunger?

Where does this plunger fit in?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

You will find an extension on the side of the distributor with a large hex nut. There is a bolt that is threaded to this large nut. If that assembly is removed from the side of the distributor you will find the plunger inside.
    Its purpose is to inhibit the amount of advance in the distributor by rubbing against the advance mechanism in low vacuum situations. When vacuum increases the advance is allowed to progress. The bolt is the adjustment for how much tension is present to inhibit spark advance.

Comment

Does a vacuum line screw into this port?

Comment

Yes it does. The vacuum line comes from a port very close to the two left side rear intake ports.

Comment

thanks

Comment

The real question is do you know how to set the distributor up?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
              1933 v8 distributor rebuilding
              by ClaudeC
              I am starting to assemble the parts for a 1933 distributor. Need some help in rebuilding. Any good self help books out there, web sites?
              01-22-2018, 11:34 AM
            • Mitch
              Vacuum leak or lean mixture Detection
              by Mitch
              Another easy method to try is if you have a vacuum wiper, just remove the hose off of it. Then spray a shot of carb cleaner in using a straw to see if it picks up the engine.
              11-30-2017, 11:34 AM
            • ClaudeC
              proper spark plug wire locations in 1933 v8 distributor caps
              by ClaudeC
              Once I have a timed point set distributor, how do I set up the spark plug wires in the proper locations in the two distributor caps for a 1933 v8 distributor.
              02-24-2018, 11:22 AM
            • ClaudeC
              tweaking a 1933 DL Carb idle
              by ClaudeC
              Got my 1933 v8 running but want to set the idle speed properly with my DL carb. Any suggestions
              07-31-2018, 05:02 PM
            • JohnB15632
              31 SW Vacuum Line Installation
              by JohnB15632
              Can any one give me help in how to install the vacuum line? What parts then hide the line from view?

Thanks,...
              06-16-2018, 06:10 PM
            • telmore1964
              Ford Model A Vacuum Wiper Motor
              by telmore1964
              I am thinking I would like to have my truck as original as possible and thinking about going back to vacuum wipers. I can't tell for sure if this truck ever had the vacuum motor installed because the holes that are already there don't seem to line up with Trico wiper motor mounting holes. Also on the outside of the window frame there is no hole large enough for the vacuum hose and on the inside of...
              10-02-2018, 02:01 AM
            • ClaudeC
              early 1933 v8 engine
              by ClaudeC
              Here are some photos of the early 1933 v8 engine I am assembling and getting ready to mount on it's test stand.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              04-20-2018, 12:44 PM
            • JohnB15632
              31 Vacuum line
              by JohnB15632
              The vacuum line that originally cam with my Model A is plugged solid.
              Any ideas how I can get this tube unplugged?
              Would it be better to try to manufacture/bend a new vacuum line?

Thanks,
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              06-05-2018, 02:38 PM
            • Tom Wesenberg
              Drilling a Hole in a Round Shaft Can be Easy and Accurate
              by Tom Wesenberg
              Let's say you buy U bolts to secure the rear spring, and they come too long, so you cut off the extra length, but now you need to drill a hole for the cotter pin. Buy a hex nut and scribe crisscross diagonal lines across the 4 corners of one flat side. Now center punch the exact center of that flat, which is where the lines cross. Clamp the nut in a drill press vice and be sure the flat is perfect...
              12-25-2017, 11:32 PM
            • Tom Wesenberg
              What are the Specs of Your engine?
              by Tom Wesenberg
              If your engine is in good condition right now, then it's a good time to check the compression, vacuum at idle and higher speed, coolant temp, and generator volts.
              Write these down and keep them with your car, then you have a good basis to check against when something goes wrong.
              06-16-2018, 11:46 PM
            Working...
            X