Identifing a B cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifing a B cam

Ok, someone give me the easiest way to identify a B cam!
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

It would have a fuel pump lobe.

Comment

Hey Wiz Are you asking about a camshaft or a Dist cam?
      4~ Tudor's
      1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch, Camshaft.

Russ, I thought about that too, and from memory I believe it should be between the #1 and #2 jug.
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/camshaftspecs.htm

http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/stipecamshaftspecs.htm
          4~ Tudor's
          1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Chevmn56
            Cam Stripes
            by Chevmn56
            I was on my back today cleaning and fussing on the underside, getting ready for a oil pan install. I noticed on the cam shaft close to the back of the engine. there are what appear to 2 stripes painted around the cam, one looks to be white or silver, hard to tell maybe because of age???? and the other is what looks like Chevy orange or red........what are theses stripes for/mean?
            03-12-2018, 08:48 PM
          • DaWizard
            Cam Grind
            by DaWizard
            I am wondering if anyone can tell me what this cam grind is without measurements. It is either a special grind or the stock grind because the one I just refreshed the other engine with was not like this, it has flatter(larger radius) peaks. So one or the other is a regrind, just wondering which is which as I didn't measure the other one, since it "looked" stock to me.

Ok, dimensions;
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 4 photos.
            07-31-2018, 11:31 AM
          • Grit Kid
            Distributor Lube...........
            by Grit Kid
            What do you recommend?
            08-04-2020, 09:49 AM
          • DustDevil
            B Cam pushing A tappets
            by DustDevil
            I am a little concerned about the combination I installed when I rebuilt Bonnie (my early 1930 Town Sedan). I acquired a B Cam with v good journals. Maybe a little worn on the lobes but still a B Cam. The seller marked it as .318 Ex lift and .312 In lift. Ford Garage shows a .319 lift for BOTH intake and exhaust; so my B Cam is still better than the A Cam's .287 lift for both Ex and In.
            htt...
            05-10-2017, 12:05 AM
          • AzBob
            New Camshaft availability?
            by AzBob
            Tried all the vendors I could think of for a new “B” grind (touring) cam. All are out and have waiting lists. Stipe says they are 3 to 4 months out on their B 330 cam. Anyone know of other sources?...
            11-11-2020, 10:42 AM
          • old victoria
            cam grinder
            by old victoria
            got the cam back for the model A drag car .Jim Brierley ground me his M28 race grind, you need a cam he is the man!!!
            10-15-2020, 12:03 PM
          • Terry, NJ
            46 to 50 Cams
            by Terry, NJ
            So I'm a little out of my normal ( Mod A ) interests this time, but this came up for a friend and it's been troubling us since then. It goes like this, A friend has a Late forties truck (48, 49, maybe 47?) and he wanted the electric fuel pump removed and the old mechanical pump restored as it had been when new. Great! We put the pushrod into the guide bore and felt it clink against the cam. No doubt...
            09-01-2018, 08:55 PM
          • Bill G
            Cam Shaft question Model A vs Model B
            by Bill G
            Other than the lobe for a fuel pump, are the A & B cam shafts the same and do they take the same timing gear? Is the timing of the lobes the same?

When we recently tore into my engine to replace the timing gear we found that the engine apparently had a model B cam shaft with the fuel pump lobe. I have never had any timing issues with it, but I am wondering if the B cam shaft would...
            09-13-2020, 10:08 PM
          • DaWizard
            Tappet length
            by DaWizard
            Ok, after gaining a headache from reading so much print in the Tech area, I am unable to find a nominal length for the cam followers, aka tappets.

How about a little help?
            06-12-2018, 02:03 PM
          • Fordfan29
            Timing gear/cam noise
            by Fordfan29
            About 10,000 miles ago I changed my bronze cam gear (worn just beyond spec's), replacing it with another bronze gear & a matched crank gear at the same time. After about 5000 miles it developed a knock at about 43 mph in high & a knock at about 53 in high & overdrive that has continued to get worse. Either side of those speeds the engine ran fine but recently began to knock occassionally...
            09-15-2019, 07:30 PM
          Working...
          X