1933 ford v8 timming gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 ford v8 timming gear

This gear is a press on, not bolt on as is the model A. What is the procedure of pressing this gear on?

Claude are you going back with an aluminum gear?
    The best way is to heat it with a propane torch wearing gloves. It takes a fast transition to slap it on while its hot.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I didn't know they had aluminum gears for this, that is great. I was always suspicious of the fiber gears integrity. For model A's there are aluminum and even brass gears available. Who sells the aluminum timming gears for the early v8's?

Comment

Try some searches or check with the place you get your parts from

Here is one place
        http://reds-vintage-parts.com/our-st...minum-press-on
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Be SURE to line up the timing mark on the cam & the gear!---Once bought an "unknown" RACIN' Cam, with 2 marks??? Lucky for us, the FIRST try worked! (BRMP-BRUMP-BRUMP!)
          Fast KDad

Comment

wow, that is scary....

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
              BILL WILLIAMSON commented
              Editing a comment
              NO, that's not SCAREY, SCAREY is when you hear BIG water flowing through the MAIN Pipe, in the MIDDLE of the NIGHT!!!! AND, you're NAKED!

Related Topics

Collapse

• Rowdy
            Question for JSC Members on Rearend Gear Sets/ Speedo Turtle
            by Rowdy
            Some time ago I was emailing back and forth with Vince about rearend gear sets. At the time I was getting ready to dis-assemble several rearends in hope of coming up with a good set of used 3.54 gears for Dads coupe. Vince informed me that Ford never made 3.54 gears for the Model A. Curious why the JS clearly shows a turtle for 3.54 gears used in 1929 for coupes only. Can someone please elaborate...
            01-12-2018, 11:20 AM
          • Roland Farrow
            Timing Gears
            by Roland Farrow
            I replaced my timing gears with new crank gear and a standard size fiber cam gear but there is no backlash and the gears did not slide together easily so there appears to be a slight interference between the teeth. Has anyone else experienced this? What can be done about it? I can't find a source for undersize gears. Would this run in OK?

Roland
            07-25-2018, 07:29 AM
          • ClaudeC
            1933/34 v8 oil pump gears
            by ClaudeC
            There are two large gears in the bottom portion/cup with screen of the 1933/34 v8 oil pump. One of the gears is attached to the pump shaft, the other gear drops out when dismantling the pump. When installing the second gear back in sinc with the shaft gear, Is there a preferred orientation?
            09-30-2018, 12:23 PM
          • DaWizard
            Fiber Cam Gear
            by DaWizard
            After doing a no load pre fit of the cam to crank gears, with a +.005 fiber gear I have 2 barely noticeable loose spots and both line up with the same few teeth on the crank gear, so I'm gona run it with those spots as the old cam gear was loooooose.

Now, the question that suddenly struck me is, if the fiber cam gear is to be splashed with oil anyway, why not pre lube it by letting it
            08-18-2018, 01:48 PM
          • Dennis
            Model A transmission ratios
            by Dennis
            Just thinking about something here and didn't put the math to it because I know there are others much better at it than I am. So ultimately my question is what percent is 2nd gear slower than 3rd?

Here's what I was thinking, if you take a Model A transmission and turn it around, remove 1st and reverse sliding gear, and the reverse idler, and if it were possible to make a housing for...
            08-29-2018, 10:15 PM
          • kevinf
            Clanking sound in low gear
            by kevinf
            I was out teaching my 17 year old son how to drive my 1931 Model A roadster. This was his third time out and he has been doing good. Well, coming off of a stop sign, he hit the gas and released the clutch quickly and the car popped forward. It didn't stall but now when it is in 1st/low gear it makes a clanging sound. No sound or issues in 2nd or 3rd gear. The noise only happens after the clutch...
            06-24-2018, 07:32 AM
          • Bill in NJ
            Distributer back lash
            by Bill in NJ
            Could somebody explain why there is back lash in the distributer ? I would think the pieces would fit so that there is no back lash. Yes I know I am wrong but would like to explain it to me please.
            07-22-2017, 01:21 PM
          • Rowdy
            Cluster Gear Differences
            by Rowdy
            I am getting ready to rebuild the transmission for the delivery sedan. It is a March or April 1929 built car, but still has the case with the machined bearing surfaces and the cluster gear with the permanent spacer. No thrust washers like on the earlier 28 style transmissions I have rebuilt. The only good cluster gear I have is a later one with the removable bearing spacer. Is there anything to look...
            01-29-2018, 08:52 AM
          • ClaudeC
            1933 v8 distributor rebuilding
            by ClaudeC
            I am starting to assemble the parts for a 1933 distributor. Need some help in rebuilding. Any good self help books out there, web sites?
            01-22-2018, 11:34 AM
          • pikalpha
            1933 Ford, with 1941 ? Ford parts, steering box
            by pikalpha
            Hey everyone. Thanks for taking a moment to read my post. I was needing some help identifying the parts I need to replace in a steering sector of a 1933 Ford coupe.

As the topic implies, I have a 1933 Ford coupe that has some pieces replaced by the previous owner with 1941? Ford parts. I am replacing gears in the steering sector because of the amount of play in the steering. The...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 5 photos.
            09-29-2018, 10:10 AM
          Working...
          X