Painting half ton truck frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting half ton truck frame

I am wanting to paint a frame on my 42 1/2 ton I have been thinking about p o r. What I have seen on YouTube was they were using 4 oz six packs of the paint. Those of you that have done this is that enough paint of course I would use the other product to before the paint any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated Mike

What about powder coat?
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I don't know anything about it can you enlighten me

Comment

I also still have axles and suspension on this Frame if it makes a difference

Comment

It depends on what your after for the final results. If your looking for a nice clean job strip it bare. I have painted them with rustoleum and that held up well. This is PC'ed
          https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...or-build-diary

3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

After looking at your build I am in awe of you those are some beautiful cars.. What I am looking for is a nice daily driver I'm going back with a flat head backed up with C4 transmission 8 inch Ford rear end really nothing special just some fun

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks
              As mentioned maybe a brush with some rustoleum will do the trick. Sounds like it's going to be a fun truck. Post up some pics when you have time

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mickey
            Stripping the frame question
            by Mickey
            I found my answer. Thanks
            The company that did a powder coat on my pickup wheels is going to be stripping the frame on my coupe. I ask them about doing a bead blast but they said they would only do an aluminum oxide blast. What's the difference?

02-22-2019, 04:40 PM
          • Ezl3517@comcast.net
            Paint
            by [email protected]
            Where’s the best place to order touch up paint ?
            05-21-2019, 05:48 PM
          • Rowdy
            Chassis Paint
            by Rowdy
            I know in the past I seen a post that had reference to a PPG or DuPont black paint that was very close to what the appearance of what Ford used. After much searching on the dark side I could not find it. Can someone Please post the brand and paint code number. Thanks Rod
            03-25-2018, 10:39 AM
          • Rowdy
            Chassis Paint
            by Rowdy
            I know in the past I seen a post that had reference to a PPG or DuPont black paint that was very close to what the appearance of what Ford used. After much searching on the dark side I could not find it. Can someone Please post the brand and paint code number. Thanks Rod
            03-25-2018, 10:39 AM
          • carolinamudwalker
            Black paint
            by carolinamudwalker
            I need to paint the panels just above the running boards. The fenders have been painted with a base coat/clear coat. My problem is I don't want to buy a gallon of paint. I think it was Tom W. that recommended a very black paint from one of the auto parts stores but I could not find that thread. I prefer a paint with a hardener for spraying. Any suggestions?
            02-17-2019, 12:22 PM
          • BillLee/Chandler, TX
            Too much catalyst
            by BillLee/Chandler, TX
            What happens if you use too much catalyst when preparing some urethane paint? How does the paint react? How does it spray? Flow out?
            09-19-2018, 12:45 PM
          • DaWizard
            Now that we have the paint figured out...
            by DaWizard
            I have read the entire 32 posts on paint and what to use and I have a nagging question.

What to use to keep the paint shiny and clean that will withstand mother nature. IF I paint my car, or have it done, in the near future it will still be stored outdoors in all the Southern Califlower elements, so I need to know, after I've spent these thousands of dollar on paint, what to use to keep
            12-02-2018, 07:01 PM
          • wrndln
            Another couple paint questions
            by wrndln
            I need to touch up a few very small flaws in my front fenders. These are not the colorsanding break thru's I recently posted here on VFF. These are about the size of a straight pin's head. The fender are painted with PPG Concept 9300 black. I have the same 9300 black paint I am going to use to touch up the fenders. My question is: Will the paint I use to touch up the very small flaws work OK...
            09-29-2019, 05:55 PM
          • L Jones
            Where do you paint
            by L Jones
            For people that like to do most of there restoration by there self. If you do not have a paint booth, and your garage is small and crowded, where do you paint large items like bodies and pickup beds, in the driveway, back yard or where is the best place to paint.
            11-06-2019, 05:04 PM
          • Bill G
            New paint
            by Bill G
            Got the car home from paint today. Now the fun begins!
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 8 photos.
            05-13-2019, 12:28 AM
          Working...
          X