Looking for info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info

Hey guys I'm getting to the point on my 36 of needing to install window regulators of which I have two complete sets, problem is they were all in a box when i bought the car and I didnt take apart myself so have no idea how to put back together, anyone no of an instructional book or video?

Put the regulator down into the door first. Don't attach it yet. The sash channel should be mounted to the glass. Hook the regulator arms into the glass sash channel. Then mount the regulator to the door, It's a little tricky.

Very similar for the quarters. If you have a Carpenter catalog, there is a step by step for the doors. Good info.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

what is this carpenter catalog and where can I get one? And should the window guts be installed before or after the door mechanisms?

Comment

http://dennis-carpenter.com/catalogs.aspx

There are many ways to skin a cat. I would lay the regulator in the shell, assemble the door mechanics then install the regulator.
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Farmputzer
          Installing door windows
          by Farmputzer
          What is the procedure for installing new door window glass in a 30 Murray town sedan?...
          04-30-2018, 06:55 PM
        • Fixitphil
          Door Windows
          by Fixitphil
          I'm replacing my door window and windshield glass in my 31 Sport Coupe. When installing the new felt channel is there a mastic that you install them with or none? Thanks
          10-24-2017, 06:46 AM
        • 30Pickemup
          Door Bumpers on a Pickup
          by 30Pickemup
          I’m going to adjusting the cab to fit the doors and the hood now that everything is painted.
          My issue now is to not chip the paint in the process - so I thought it would be a good idea to install the door bumpers to protect the cab and the doors.

I have the parts shown in the pictures - as the door bumper kit. (I put captions under them)
          I figured out where the top corner...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.
          02-18-2018, 06:52 PM
        • Leo
          Drivers Window Difficult to Crank Up?
          by Leo
          On my 1930 coupe I find the drivers window very hard to raise. When restoring the car I replaced all the channels and glass in the doors and for some reason the passenger side window works well but the drivers side not so much. What can we try short of removing the upholstery panel to get inside the door?
          04-20-2018, 08:33 AM
        • Silent Thunder
          How do you remove the inside door handles and window crank on a 1947 super deluxe?
          by Silent Thunder
          Going to change the exterior door locks so I'm about to remove the door panel. How do you get the inside handles off? On the 1960's cars there is a clip you pull but not sure on a 47.
          03-10-2018, 04:52 PM
        • Saltydawg
          question for the gurus
          by Saltydawg
          can anyone tell me which window regulator is front and which is for the back on my 36 sedan, they will inter change but Im not sure which goes where
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          02-21-2018, 05:56 PM
        • richsfords
          removal of glass B-160 rear doors
          by richsfords
          I tried to search but no luck,
          I am sending my doors out for paint and want to remove the glass and cranks and such. Must the glass be forced from the track at the bottom? the felt tracks side need to come out at the same time?
          thanks
          07-08-2018, 03:06 PM
        • Art Ebeling
          Window felts
          by Art Ebeling
          When installing window felts in the doors and quarters does the upper rubber seal go from all the way across the top with the felt channels stopping at it or does it go between the felt channels with the felts going to the top of the door or quarter frame. Mine is a Victoria but any sedan might be the same....
          11-07-2017, 01:20 PM
        • Tom Bellfoy
          question on 31 cabriolet
          by Tom Bellfoy
          I know the Cabriolet has a roll up window in the doors, does the window have a structural frame around it ? in other words when you roll down the window does it look exactly like a roadster or does the window frame stick out ?
          thanks
          06-25-2018, 08:30 PM
        • Mickey
          Question about window felt channel
          by Mickey
          When installing new felt channels is it best to install dry or do you recommend using an adhesive?...
          06-29-2018, 01:12 PM
        Working...
        X