1933 original generator and cutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 original generator and cutout

Looking for a good photo of original 1933 v8 generator and cutout.
    Did the original cutout have ford script on it?

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
    original 1933 generator cutout "functionality"
    by ClaudeC
    Can an antique 1933 Generator cutout still function? Or is it a better idea to purchase a new manufactured one?
    01-02-2018, 02:16 PM
  • Jeff/Illinois
    Generator output post location
    by Jeff/Illinois
    All Model A fine point cars that I've observed (post Powerhouse gennies, 1929-1931) have the output post on the generator towards the 'back', away from the front of the car. Seems like I've been noticing more Model A's anymore that have the long Autolite generator with the output post on the front near the radiator, so the cutout relay is mounted 'backwards'.

I realize that the generator...
    09-28-2017, 11:23 AM
  • SeaSlugs
    What this to?
    by SeaSlugs
    I have 2 of these cutouts on some model A generators. Both are Ford script and one has a stamped B (not sure on other) I read the JS and they say all model A cutouts had slotted mounting tabs - these 2 do not. So what are they to? Model B's? Sure are heavy....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    08-18-2018, 04:46 PM
  • Bill in NJ
    Generator regulator question ?
    by Bill in NJ
    I have a new regulator that has the cover off of it. It can go two ways. Does it make a difference ? It is the point style. Looks like there is to tab to to connect to the post coming out of the top of generator. Thanks in advance !! ...
    09-08-2017, 08:43 PM
  • ClaudeC
    1933 ford for sale
    by ClaudeC
    Where is that guy that was looking for a 1933?
    https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2088207.html
    04-04-2018, 08:30 PM
  • smittykid
    Proper charge rate?
    by smittykid
    I'm running a 6 volt generator on a pos. ground system. I was afraid the old cut out was over charging the battery. I replaced the old cut out with a new NUREX semi-conductor cut out. At regular idle the amp meter shows about 5-6 amps of charge. Running down the road- 40mph it shows around 12 amps charge. No lights on. What is the correct charge rate? Maybe the old cut out wasn't bad after...
    08-17-2017, 10:28 AM
  • ClaudeC
    1933 v8 distributor rebuilding
    by ClaudeC
    I am starting to assemble the parts for a 1933 distributor. Need some help in rebuilding. Any good self help books out there, web sites?
    01-22-2018, 11:34 AM
  • Tom Wesenberg
    Generator Cutout, What's Wrong Here?
    by Tom Wesenberg
    I'm working on a generator that needs to be restored. Mention was made about a bearing noise, but there was no mention of no output, so I assumed it worked OK. The first thing I check was the cutout, and find the input terminal shorted to ground. It looks like a homemade bracket with just a small thin piece of black plastic that looks like a tiny piece off a TV dinner. You can see the bracket is bent...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    03-09-2018, 12:29 AM
  • ClaudeC
    tweaking a 1933 DL Carb idle
    by ClaudeC
    Got my 1933 v8 running but want to set the idle speed properly with my DL carb. Any suggestions
    07-31-2018, 05:02 PM
  • Tom Wesenberg
    Identifying Your Generator
    by Tom Wesenberg
    Over the years generators have been swapped on the Model A's, so now days you can normally have 1 of 4 different styles. First came the 5 brush powerhouse, then the 3 brush powerhouse, then the long generator known as the Autolite style. After Model A production ended and the Model B began, the generator also changed slightly, and now many B style generators can also be found on the Model A. People...
    01-03-2018, 02:00 AM
Working...
X