'47 Truck window glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '47 Truck window glass

So the windows came out easy when I went to install new felts but I don't recall having to remove anything but just lift glass off the track. Well now I can't roll the windows down unless I push on the glass. Does the regulator attach to the glass and if so how? Flex seal wont help this one....

Pictures
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Got a shop manual? That should tell you how. And the regulator attaches to the glass

Comment

Originally posted by paul2748 View Post
        Got a shop manual? That should tell you how. And the regulator attaches to the glass
        I will dig. I believe the guy I got it from had a book with it...I think the rollers go into the tracks some how but came out easy peezy once I unscrewed the regulator it dropped in door and up and out with window.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
          Pictures
          Mitch, not a lot of room for pics but could pull it all out...only way. I'm thinking thats going to be the way to wrap my peanut brain around this simple contraption. LED Tail lights working GREAT!! Need upgraded headlights so trying to research that and glad this is 12v.

Comment

Is the regulator track still attached to the window glass?
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said
            "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
              Is the regulator track still attached to the window glass?
              yes, so I am thinking the regulator arms wedge in the tracks. Will have to look this weekend.

Comment

Should have rollers on the end of the arms that go into the track. There’s probably a spot cut in the track that will allow you to insert or remove the rollers from the track. Hope you get it figured out

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mitch
                  Glass Cleaner
                  by Mitch
                  Most of you know that I show my cars, so perfectly clear glass is so very important. This has been something that I battled forever, trying just about every product on the market. Invisible glass was the last thing I have been using until I received a small sample of this stuff. I was amazed no haze just crystal clear glass. I have since bought a larger bottle and I am now in clean glass heaven. ...
                  06-23-2019, 02:54 PM
                • richsfords
                  removal of glass B-160 rear doors
                  by richsfords
                  I tried to search but no luck,
                  I am sending my doors out for paint and want to remove the glass and cranks and such. Must the glass be forced from the track at the bottom? the felt tracks side need to come out at the same time?
                  thanks
                  07-08-2018, 04:06 PM
                • George Miller
                  Glass for a 1923 high radiator coupe
                  by George Miller
                  I need to replace all the glass in my coupe with safety glass. Does any one sell glass for the T?
                  02-23-2019, 07:22 PM
                • JohnB15632
                  Installing Window Channels
                  by JohnB15632
                  Are there any instructions of installing the window channels? Where are they located in relation to the glass? Are they to be installed on center?

Thanks,
                  05-18-2019, 10:25 AM
                • JohnB15632
                  Glass installed in Windshield
                  by JohnB15632
                  Here is my question of the week.

How is the glass installed in the windshield? Does the glass bedding go all around the glass as it is installed?
                  Or is the glass bedding mitered is the corners?

Thanks,
                  05-20-2019, 05:16 PM
                • Mitch
                  Window glass setting bonder epoxy, Not window tape
                  by Mitch
                  This is what i use to set the glass into the window channels. It's made by 3M and is a two part epoxy type mix which uses this special gun and a mixing nozzle.. I guess one could get some out and mix it by hand if needed without the applicator gun, but you may have to break it open. If the glass ever needs to be removed just heat the channel with a hair dryer or a heat gun. I don't like using the...
                  09-11-2017, 09:53 AM
                • Mitch
                  Window channel glass setting channel bonder
                  by Mitch
                  This is what i use to set the glass into the window channels. It's made by 3M and is a two part epoxy type mix which uses this special gun and a mixing nozzle.. I guess one could get some out and mix it by hand if needed without the applicator gun, but you may have to break it open. If the glass ever needs to be removed just heat the channel with a hair dryer or a heat gun. I don't like using the...
                  09-11-2017, 09:53 AM
                Working...
                X