46 Ford Half Ton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46 Ford Half Ton

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Jon and my father and I were given this 46 half ton by my grandfather. It had been sitting in a barn in MD for the last 30 or so years. The motor was rebuilt before it went into storage. Brought her home, cleaned it up, and fired it up. I am going to have some technical questions over the next few weeks but so far so good. Took it for a spin the other day and it did great. The truck is mostly original other than someone painted it at some point but I think we are going to leave it as - is.IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

Welcome Jon and Pop to the VFF!. That truck looks sweet just the way it is. It looks to have been stored properly over those 30 years.
    4~ Tudor's
    1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Hey Jon, WELCOME to the VFF!!

That is a fine example of a survivor and I think you are right in keeping it as is. I do love that straight 6, not many of those around.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

SWEET TRUCK... As stated, I would keep it as it is... Hard to find one of these in this good of condition. Get a manual and ASK, ASK, ASK the folks on this forum. We have busted our knuckles on a few of these.
        Change the fluids, oil, tranny and rear end. Pull the wheels and check brakes and maybe even repack the wheel bearings. I would do a compression check to ascertain if there are any ring/valve issues. Drive it, tinker on it and most importantly, "Enjoy the adventure"... Chap

Comment

Originally posted by Jkraft46 View Post
          The truck is mostly original
          I wouldn't do anything but drive it, maintain it and maybe fine a original taillight. Nice truck!

Comment

Welcome.
            She's sweet, don't change a thing.
            Paul in CT

Comment