'35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '35

Hi guys, I'm new to the site. My Early Ford is a '35 Tudor fairly stock except tires & engine. Figured out some modern sizes to utilize modern radial tech tires. The rears are (215-85-16) the fronts 195-75-16's. Saved money, look great & ride great. I think they look great and feel great. Engine's a '49 8BA Perfed up with some bling so I'm running without hood. Considering juice brakes with discs on front. I have other fun Rides but not Early Fords.
    Last edited by Tbone; 05-04-2017, 03:20 PM.

pix are good......

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone View Post
      Hi guys, I'm new to the site. My Early Ford is a '35 Tudor fairly stock except tires & engine. Figured out some modern sizes to utilize modern radial tech tires. The rears are (215-85-16) the fronts 195-75-16's. Saved money, look great & ride great. I think they look great and feel great. Engine's a '49 8BA Perfed up with some bling so I'm running without hood. Considering juice brakes with discs on front. I have other fun Rides but not Early Fords.
      Welcome, Tbone,
      I do mostly stock Model A stuff, but am an OOOLD addicted Hot Rodder, have owned ALL kinds of old Fords in the past.
      Had a '35 5 Window, a "sleeper" with a 1/4 X 5/16" Flathead. The '35 is sorta' a transition in styling, the last of the sorta' FLAT grilles.
      Bill W.

Comment

• pAAt
        pAAt commented
        Editing a comment
        Bill, what's a 1/4 x 5/16 Flathead ? I'm trembling just asking this question, but just had too !! Pat

Tbone,
      What happened to your pics?? They were there & just disappeared???
      Bill W.

Comment

pAAt,
        1/4 X 5/16" means 3 5/16" bore & a 4" stroke. I could bore you to DEATH, talkin' Flathead V-8 stuff--LOL
        Bill Stroker

Comment

My 36 also has an 8BA engine, but I still have bias tires. Maybe when they are worn out I might try radial, but the bias whitewalls look good.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Bill
          http://www.brauchauto.com/
          Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow i love your car Bill
            very nice

Sorry, better late than never. Initially had problems with nuances of the site. Seems better now.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 8 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone View Post
            Be cautious about tires if you want to be authentic. I have a 1933, and reserached the tires, I think they are similiar to 1935 but are not sure. The tires for 1933, 34 were quit thin by todays standards..I think 35's also had thin tires. Kinda like motocycle tires. Believe it or not these thin tires make steering easy considering we mhad not power steering.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• KenCoupe
              Radial Tires
              by KenCoupe
              Do any of you use modern tubeless 16" tires on 1935 Ford wire wheels? If you do, what tires are you using and what has been your experience with fit of the tires on the wheels, ride quality, etc? I have a nice set of 16 wheels and have been thinking about going this direction for longer touring. Thanks for any info.

Ken
              02-12-2018, 11:49 AM
            • Bikerider58
              Tires - - 475 vs 550
              by Bikerider58
              The rear Firestone WW are at the wear bars. Black walls cost less, but WW look good.

Lester 525/550 seem to have good marks on handling and stability for the freeway.

But, 2 Firestone vs 5 Lester is a big price difference. Does anyone have personal experience with the Lester tire?

i could split the axles, but different tires will look odd.

How...
              05-02-2018, 11:21 PM
            • Chevmn56
              Tires
              by Chevmn56
              Hello All, I would like your opinions on tires for my 31 Tudor it has Goodyear All Weather 5.00x19. They are cracked weathered andsplitting between the tread and just old.

Are there any tires that are better than others????? i see some with aggressive treads and some that look like road tires...i would prefer road tires and white walls.

Are the 5.00x19 the Stock size??...
              05-20-2018, 05:53 PM
            • Michael A
              35 Ford wire wheels
              by Michael A
              I really like the way these wheels look on a Model A especially fat tires on the back Skinny's on the front my wheels are 16 in could someone give me a modern tire size to buy these tires when I tell somebody 750 16 or 600 - 16 they have no idea what I'm talking about I know I guess I'm not in the modern world to know all these metric tire sizes any help would be greatly appreciated
              02-21-2018, 03:35 PM
            • thebigbadhawk
              Tires
              by thebigbadhawk
              I'd like to get some opinions on tires for my 28 Special Coupe.
              I heard one guy say that Goodyear's drive better than Firestone's. ???
              How about Lucus or Lester brands?...
              08-09-2018, 05:53 PM
            • Bobm90
              More tire info requested
              by Bobm90
              In response to my "wandering" and tow in questions, several people have suggested switching to Radial tires, here's my question, what size, should I go for wider than stock? What brand? Does anyone make a white wall, I like the look and just hate to switch to Black but the car must be safe and drivable. Were whites were available as a option back in 1930?
              06-30-2018, 10:07 AM
            • BNCHIEF
              Do radial tires improve the steering and ride of a model a
              by BNCHIEF
              I was wondering about radial tires do they make a big difference on your car steer easier ride etc . I will use the orignal size wheels....
              05-26-2017, 06:57 PM
            • BNCHIEF
              Radial Tire Information
              by BNCHIEF
              I was wondering about radial tires do they make a big difference on your car steer easier ride etc . I will use the orignal size wheels....
              05-26-2017, 06:57 PM
            • Big guy
              Egad..more tire talk
              by Big guy
              After reading several strings on tires including radials, I decided it may be time to look at my Firestones. I talked to Coker and they said the tires were likely theirs. While the tires don't look bad they are at least 20 years old. My Tudor came from a gentleman in Ohio and she was always kept in a climate controlled garage. This should be a no brainer for me but at almost $1,200 for new ones the...
              08-03-2018, 10:35 AM
            • john in illinois
              How to save money on Coker tires
              by john in illinois
              I am writing this as an addition to the recent best tire thread.

Summit Racing has all Coker tires and offers free shipping on all orders over 100$ all the time.

They are a little hard to find on website. Best way is to look up Coker sku number and enter it on Summit site.

Radial tires. https://www.summitracing.com/search?...Coker%20741771

Firestone....
              03-29-2018, 10:22 AM
            Working...
            X